Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my bf changing preference?
Hey guys. Since me and my bf got together he was always bottom and i always top.
After about 5 month he told me he had NEVER been a top for anyone. So... i asked if he wanted to try it.
He said he does but is really nervous about being crap at it (bless him).
Anyway.... we got down n dirty one night and i told him to go for it that night. And he topped for the first time and was ok at it.
However.... its been another month now and he keeps wanting to top and keeps making excuses about why he cant bottom.
it will either be that he hasnt cleaned or that he has eaten the wrong food so it might be dodgey. He even said that he has a hemeroid lol. which i dont think he has because he hasnt been to see a doctor etc.
Do any of you think he may have changed his role preference to top and thats me buggered?
OR
Am i just reading too much into it and maybe he isnt making excuses?

I dont want to say anything because he might think im pressuring him into something he doesnt want to do any more.

Advice please Smile

Hi James,some people are naturally passive while lovemaking and could never envisage changing that position (that is what I am). Your boyfriend probably found out that he is not the passive lover he assumed he always was? If it's bothering you and it would seem it is, the only way you'll find out is to ask him, it can't do any harm?

your bf has enabled him self to thinking its ok.

Hmm I just don't know.

There are other possibilities, such as he is experimenting, testing his limits, or it may very well be that he was treated as a bottom and never given the change to learn more and 'assumed' his role in life was that of bottom to discover he is a top at heart.

Your not wanting to say anything, thus your silence does not a healthy relationship make.

Relationships thrive with communication. Even those relationships where the communication is screaming, throwing things, threatening to throw each other out - are healthier than silence.

The two of you need to sit down, discuss what is going, and tell each other what you feel.

If you don't you will sow the seeds of resentment, and those seeds grow into big, nasty thorny shrubbery that stifle and and eventually kill relationships.

Yeah maybe that night opened his eyes to the wonders of topping. He probably really liked it and wants to try it again. Hes probably too embarrassed to ask you.

hey guys. thanks for the replies.
i spoke to him last night and he told me he really does like being top. however... he enjoys it just as much as bottoming. His words were.... I enjoy them equally...
So... after we spoke he made me feel much better.
We also got it on and i returned to my natural role of top for the night. (woop woop)
I guess the sex is about to get much better now we can swap and change lol.
I also think it has formed a bigger bond between us now due to being his first etc.
thanks peeps xD
Luv ya all

I wouldn't complain if I were you. Versatile people are fun!
Now you guys can try and experience all of the new position and stuff Smile