Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is not feeling guilty ok?
I know someone who has in the past week been harassing me. She has done this in the past. I had wished she was dead. Lo and behold, her dog died yesterday. Is it OK that I feel guilty about the dog dying and not about wishing this person dead? At least I can feel guilt, so I know I'm not a sociopath. I'm also worried about the cosmic impact of something like this.

You must learn to use your gift more carefully next time and get the right target.

BENDERBOY Wrote:You must learn to use your gift more carefully next time and get the right target.

Hilarious.

@LP Think of the bright side, at least you don't have to attend her funeral and pretend you liked her.

Words can't express the karmic damage you have done, even I (a confirmed sceptic) felt a disturbance in the force, and now I know the reason.

You must hang your head in shame and repent; I'll do all the laughing you might feel inclined to do, in fact I'm still laughing:biggrin:

No it is not okay. What do you have to feel guilty about? You did not kill the dog!

Is guilt the right word for how you feel about the dog? Or do you mean more like sympathy for her, even though you dislike her and wished her death? As marshlander said, no need to feel guilty.

In a way, it perhaps is not the most healthy, as we are at our best when we can forgive and let go of grudges, finding our hearts consumed by love rather than hate. That said, that is an ideal, and it is perfectly normal to feel as you've done, and despite my own thoughts on an ideal, I've done so many times. But when it comes down to it, we're good people, and I suspect if she did die your feelings would end up being more mixed than simply one of 'good she's gone.'

Guilt is something that affects everybody in different ways - some feel it some don't, a lot of the time there is no need for the feeling so I'd say you are normal-ish Smile!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Rofl Your story reminded me of the movie, A Fish Called Wanda when Michael Palin's character keeps trying to knock off the little old lady. :biggrin:

jbrowder24 Wrote:Is guilt the right word for how you feel about the dog? Or do you mean more like sympathy for her, even though you dislike her and wished her death? As marshlander said, no need to feel guilty.

In a way, it perhaps is not the most healthy, as we are at our best when we can forgive and let go of grudges, finding our hearts consumed by love rather than hate. That said, that is an ideal, and it is perfectly normal to feel as you've done, and despite my own thoughts on an ideal, I've done so many times. But when it comes down to it, we're good people, and I suspect if she did die your feelings would end up being more mixed than simply one of 'good she's gone.'

I don't sympathise with her at all. The dog had a heart attack. I feel sorry for the dog.