Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is purple a colour to represent homosexuality
Hi everyone,

a friend of mine wants to know if purple is the colour for homosexuality. I didn't know an answer and I am hoping that you could help out. Thank you!

tobi

Usually it's lavender, a lighter pinkish shade of purple. Pink is occasionally used as well, because of the pink triangle.

Thank you for the reply. So you think people will not automatically associate homosexuality with a brand that is called purple vision? Smile

Thx

In art, I feel lavender is a more masculine form of homosexuality (top) and pink feels more like a feminine form (bottom). So if you have a choice of the two, pick the one that's more appropriate.

Read "Another Mother Tongue" for this answer and more.

http://www.amazon.com/ANOTHER-MOTHER-TON...0965013480

I used to have this lavender shirt which I complimented with a lavender striped tie. God, it made me feel 'Hi, I'm a bottom guy' inside a bit.That's probably how guys in my office building know that I am gay.

I ditched the lavender shirt last year and have shifted to a stronger in your face color - Checkered purple shirt. I compliment it with a blue navy sweater and a purple bow tie. It does make me look obviously gay but still not effeminate as I am not. But yeah, it screams "Hi I'm gay and I am a bottom."

But eh, I don't mind as I am out now.

I think it all depends on how you wear the color. It also depends on your body language. There are a lot of guys in my office building who wear pink and purple shirts plus baby pink sweaters but they are not necessarily gays.

In europe no one associates purple with homosexuality but in The USA and Australia people told me that purple is the international color for homosexuals. I want name a fashion label purple trees and I am a bit afraid that heteros will not buy that stuff because of the name. Do you think my worries are baseless?

Hehe all the colors of the rainbow rep us gays! Smile

sorry that's just completely random but it depends on who and what he likes, just cause a gay guy likes one thing doesn't mean the other gay guy won't. Smile

Hamilton99 Wrote:In europe no one associates purple with homosexuality but in The USA and Australia people told me that purple is the international color for homosexuals. I want name a fashion label purple trees and I am a bit afraid that heteros will not buy that stuff because of the name. Do you think my worries are baseless?

I think the label is fine. What I think you should consider more of is how you market it and to whom you market it. I mean there are certain labels that 'automatically'' market and stamp themselves as gay labels by using gay oriented ads. When I think of Aussiebum, I instantly think of gay speedos modeled by gay models because that's how the label is portrayed and advertised.

How true is this? I havent ever heard of this before....