Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is sex really a necessity?
My bf has a low libido and I have a very high one it sucks but we manage. Ie I give him a break and take my laptop into the bathroom on occasion ^_^, else he will simply get me off or he will be in the mood, in the end we both go to bed happy Smile. SO is sex a MUST? na, but for me, well lets just say .... getting off is.... >_> and its gonna happen somewhere within a frequency of <= 3 days. else bad things happen.. ... Uncontrollable fantasies.... o_o .. unstoppable erections O_o... then everyone walking around me that's hot is naked! O_O...... ....... Devil2

Some people and I say some as Ive seen this happen, perhaps even a fair majority of cheating has occurred in situations where one partner is sexually unsatisfied. So even if you don't have sex, find a way to shake up the bedroom on occasion Big Grin! One funny quote that comes to mind is from Ron White
"I'm a pretty good dog, but if you don't pet me every once in a while, it's hard to keep me under the porch. "

Anonymous Wrote:He advised me to have sex more often because the lack of it can cause damage to person's health. Is it really so?

it can cause health problems, absolutely, and it can also be caused by health issues.

low testosterone is high up on the list of causes for having a low sex drive. and it's not something that should just be brushed off. in addition to sex drive, testosterone affects a whole range of processes and tissues necessary for normal daily function, bone health being one prime example that comes to mind. low testosterone itself, can in turn be a symptom of an even greater disease, a brain-related problem being the absolute worst case scenario here.

you should go and get yourself checked out.

also, not only is not having sex physically ill-advised for an adult person, it is also psychologically detrimental. you won't see the effects manifest within a week, or even a few months. in long term though, it can cause all sorts of problems, physical and mental/emotional.

Quote:I'm monogamous person and I will only have sex if I have relationship. Casual sex and one night stands are something disgusting for me, I could never do that. I don't feel the need to have sex or masturbate. Is it really that bad?

well, i don't understand this at all. not wanting to sleep with strangers, i don't fully get that but some part of it is comprehensible. casual sex really doesn't appeal to some people. fine. but not masturbating? not having a need for sex with another person? that is...so far beyond my comprehension that my impression is it's a medical issue.

i strongly advise you go see a doctor. you have nothing to lose. if you're okay, you're okay. but if there's a health problem underlying all this, the sooner you catch it the better.

Anonymous Wrote:I don't feel the need to masturbate. I don't feel like wanting anything sexual. Of course I could masturbate every day for the sake of my health but that would be like a duty to me. Something I have to do, like going to job, etc. Should I do it like that?

This is why I say that you need to go in and get your testosterone levels tested. I would suggest doing it right away instead of putting it off.

And yeah, if it's the only way to get it done? Then do it for your health.

Masturbating is good for you, can prevent problems I have heard. I haven't had sex in 6 years, let alone 6months lol and I'm perfectly healthy. I do miss it though. You sound like a decent guy, I respect your morals and values. I hope you find someone who deserves to be with you. :-)

Sex is healthy!!!

My testosterone is "borderline" low, I also take lots of antidepressants. So I'm almost never in the mood for sex or masturbation. But I also know, that whenever I do either of them I'm enjoying myself, a lot!!

So, I don't need much convincing :biggrin:
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

Anonymous, My doctor told me that men who have sex or masturbate regular have a lower chance of getting prostate cancer !!! So when she told me that I decided no matter what I do not want prostate cancer and even if it only gives me a small % of a chance on not getting it I am going to do what ever it takes . Besides it feels amazing !! rofl

have you ever been sexually active, and do you feel attractions to anyone?

perhaps you're asexual. If not that, as suggested before a low libido
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Yes, I've been sexually active. Before my boyfriend left me, we had sex regularly. Now it's just that I don't feel like sex anymore. But if it's something I must do, then I guess I must.

Anonymous Wrote:I'm 31 years old man and I haven't had sex for almost 6 months. I was dating a guy who went on an exchange program to study abroad at the end of August. I missed him a lot and then later he told me he cheated on me with another man. It was a shock for me because I thought he loved me, now I realize he didn't. He apologized over and over but when about faithfulness, I only give one chance. We broke up and all the time I feel depressed.
When you say "dating" you don't seem to be implying the two of you had sex.. since you have such a ridiculously rigid idea about doing it only when you are in a relationship. "Dating" for six months and not having sex is abnormal unless you're trying to push a guy away and compel him to go elsewhere for sex. Most guys who do the "no sex until marriage" deal end up going through the same self created drama you're going through now. Did you discuss your self defeating views on sex with him before the two of you started dating?

Anonymous Wrote:Lately I started having some health problems that made me to visit an urologist. He then asked me when was the last time I had intimate relationships and when I told him, he almost didn't believe it. He advised me to have sex more often because the lack of it can cause damage to person's health. Is it really so?
Yes lack of sex and masturbation at your age can cause prostate problems. My doctor advised me of the same thing about 2 years ago. My problem was that I was getting at least twice a day for five or six days out of every three or four months... and had been doing that for years because I was in a long distance relationship.

Anonymous Wrote:I'm monogamous person and I will only have sex if I have relationship. Casual sex and one night stands are something disgusting for me, I could never do that. I don't feel the need to have sex or masturbate. Is it really that bad?
By not having sex when you're single you're not being monogamous. You're being ridiculous. You cannot be monogamous unless you're in a relationship, Einstein.

What's bad about this is you have a totally warped idea of what sex is about. You're going to be a very unhappy person for decades unless you modify your theories on sex, relationships and this delusional sense of purity that you're trying to live up to.

Anonymous Wrote:I don't feel the need to masturbate. I don't feel like wanting anything sexual. Of course I could masturbate every day for the sake of my health but that would be like a duty to me. Something I have to do, like going to job, etc. Should I do it like that?

Yes.

But I would get checked out to see if the cause is medical.