Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the "Great" back in Britain?
An American tourist to the UK listed some things he noted whilst here in the U.K. on Facebook and it's gone viral. Much I can relate to, but that doesn't seem to stop people moaning about some of his entries.

Read it here:

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/amer...-brilliant
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I've enjoyed watching certain British TV series just to observe the manners.

One of the crime shows cracks me up.
When the police come to arrest people, the crooks simply turn and do as they are told instead of running away with guns blazing in the American style.
I bid NO Trump!

I love the British TV Shows because they aren't as likely as their American imitators to sensationalize everything....

The weight loss show with Ann.,..they lose 20 pounds by eating right and getting exercise..America insists on 100 pound or more for entertainment value...

The antique shows...they are normal. Sometimes they even lose money which is how it really is. In America...everything is always over the top and everyone gets rich....

The two ladies that clean the houses with all natural thigng...in America...we have the hoarders where we all sit there and shame the person and gasp at the "horror"....that is what we focus on. In England..the two ladies are informative and helpful...

LJay Wrote:I've enjoyed watching certain British TV series just to observe the manners.

One of the crime shows cracks me up.
When the police come to arrest people, the crooks simply turn and do as they are told instead of running away with guns blazing in the American style.

Have you seen "Midsomer Murders"? It's a ridiculous series about a quiet English village but there is a murder or two every week! It must be the murder capital of the world!

We can't do things the American way, don't forget that the British police aren't armed.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh, I've seen every single episode of Midsomer Murders. Love it. Not oly good plots, but grammar too!

Have also watched Morse, Foyle's War and others.

I really enjoy the settings of these shows. Visually rich with detail.

PS: And though it is Canadian, I do hope no one has missed Murdoch. GREAT show and one HOT star!

I don't watch TV or cable so I subscribe to Acorn TV on the computer and it has been well worth it.
I bid NO Trump!

It's interesting to see that take on Britain. Makes you realise you take some things for granted. Thanks for sharing Londoner Smile

I want to visit America, maybe next year. Not sure where, obviously it's huge but would be nice to experience some USA-ness at some point.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

He's pretty much nailed it my opinion Smile
a few odd ones but most are true - I like "there are hardly and cops or police cars " because its so true and I cant remember one bothering to even drive through our village... His other recurring one is "there are no guns" which I am forever grateful ....mainly because if we had them I'd be fu**ed by the time our bone idle police men ever showed up...

We must seem really quaint and backward to Americans who read that FB post lol

LONDONER Wrote:Have you seen "Midsomer Murders"? It's a ridiculous series about a quiet English village but there is a murder or two every week! It must be the murder capital of the world!

be careful if you are a friend of miss marple or hercule poirot!

They are grand, too, mrex. Have watched the whole gamut, though I think I prefer Miss Marple in written form and I have done those, too.
I bid NO Trump!