Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a common denominator?
They guy I am with now...most people would laugh if they knew how I really met him....

I am not in the mood to explain and I doubt I ever will be again.....it was definitely the most "out there" way I ever met a guy...

Before him...I met guys everywhere. Sure...I worked in a gay bar and so I easily met guys all the time but I pretty much met men everywhere I went...it is a natural and normal part of life IMO...

...a dating app? EEEK! I need to look in someone's eyes...tune into the chemistry and vibe ...utilize and pay attention to body language...engage all my senses ...use my instincts ....

not exactly looking but im keeping my eyes wide open!

dimples, that's my new weak spot!

I generally don't talk to strangers at places like the grocery store or the gym. I just focus on the what I'm there for (get food/work out).

I need to get out more, I suppose. I try, but I rarely run into guys who make me go "wow, he's really hot, I'd like to get to know him better". So I don't. Darned if I do, darned if I don't.

Drew Wrote:I generally don't talk to strangers at places like the grocery store or the gym. I just focus on the what I'm there for (get food/work out).

I need to get out more, I suppose. I try, but I rarely run into guys who make me go "wow, he's really hot, I'd like to get to know him better". So I don't. Darned if I do, darned if I don't.

No offense Drew, but it sounds (to me) to be "Darned if you don't" in your situation. You are a young man and I get the impression that you are a bit shy, but one of the greatest moments in life comes when you realize your own self worth, charisma, and sex appeal. Get out there, be open to meeting new people, put yourself into situations that test you metal and you WILL meet men! LOTS of men! SEXY, INTELLIGENT, CHARMING, HOT--MEN!!!!
~Beaux

Btw, how are you able to tell a guy is gay/bi, never mind interested, out at the store or gas station or wherever? I hate getting hit on. It always feels awkward. If I can meet someone and we're laughing and feel like we've known each other forever, that works way more for me than sexually aggressive guys.

I'm open and go with the flow. If casual sex leads to a relationship, then great! If a dinner leads to a relationship, that's great also! I don't mind getting to know a guy or girl either way, and I'm up (pardon the pun) for both...

I can just as easily go to a movie or go to bed with someone as a first "date" to see how things go, and I usually leave it up to the other person on how they want to do it. I'm pretty much open to all comers.

I may get some bad rap for this but...

I don't have any common denominator. For me chemistry is what decides what happens. I need to feel that spark, and I rarely feel it.

Saying that, when I do feel it, ERMERGERRRRD its battlestations red for blush time. You will know when you have it, when you talk to them and get those butterflies in your tummy, or the blush in your face. I don't know if its looks, pheromones or what but they haven't always been the same.

this is one of the things that puzzles me about people nowadays. that they would much rather go online meeting random guys completely blind, rather than walking up to the real ones they know they like and saying a couple of lines. it puzzles me. it doesn't quite fit into my head, and this is not how things are supposed to be. settling for anonymous online alternatives of whom they don't even know if they like them instead of taking a go at something that they know they want for sure.....it's like people have lost the ability to interact in the real physical world with their bodies. i feel that the internet is very much to blame for this. it's its fallout. people tend to go the easier way, go the route that costs them less energy and time, that makes sense. but some things are too essential to be compromised on (like body language) or written out of the equation. some things you just can't do without, even though it might be easier to do without them. the ease of communication does not equal the quality. the internet was never intended to nor should replace some basic functions a man is supposed to have learned through real life. nobody is adept at chatting up strangers from the start and nobody necessarily jumps at the chance to go and put themselves out there and not get it reciprocated, but that is how it's done. and the more practice you get the better it gets. the more you'll know what to say and how to say it, and the more confident you get about it. it just needs some practice.

to answer Drew, you don't know whether a guy is gay just looking at him. but that's not something that should stop you from talking to him. it's not like you're gonna go and ask him if he wants to have sex with you straight up like that (though you could and sometimes that's the way to do it). you start with, 'how's it going?'; you start by mentioning something people in the area talk about, 'did you see that band in town last night?', things like that. the idea is to see how he responds to you. you steer it in the direction where you can see if he'd be open to get together with you and do something. the grocery store examples....one of the guys was working in one of those stores and the moment i laid my eyes on him i knew he was gay. i don't know how, but i knew. the other one, i was waiting for my turn for something and he was just walking by with his cart, and our eyes locked, lingered and there was some smiling involved. he was attractive, and that's how i was motivated to talk to him.

I like tall guys and well, I'm pretty much like you, drew
I go to mall/shopping centre/gym/restaurant or other public places just to do what I'm going to do there.
If hot guys were passing through I wouldnt even care because I didnt really pay attention to anyone
oh well, I should really pay more attention to my surroundings