Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is there a way I can cure my son of the gay?
My son doesn't seem to like girls at his age. I was all over them and when I hit 18 I always picked up girls in my 1964 Cadillac Coupe Deville and did them in my back seat. He's 18 now and hasn't had a girlfriend yet. I tried giving him my 1999 Lincoln Town Car but he refused it and said he wanted a New Volkswagen Beetle. I can't accept a son who has this disease, Why can't he be good with the ladies like I was back in the late 60s. Even when all the other kids had muscle cars I could still reel in the gals with my ol' Coupe Deville and I always used to give those gassers a run for their money... But no, my son doesn't want a part of this, he doesn't seem to want women. I don't know what to do.
Do you think he has the gay? Is there a way I can cure him?

If he is gay...there is no cure because it is not a disease.

His lack of interest does not necessarily make him gay at all...he might have different priorities and interests.

Whatever the case...love and accept him unconditionally and you will be a better man for it.

eastofeden Wrote:If he is gay...there is no cure because it is not a disease.

His lack of interest does not necessarily make him gay at all...he might have different priorities and interests.

Whatever the case...love and accept him unconditionally and you will be a better man for it.

He sounds like no son to me. A volkswagen bug, especially a new one, is just plain gay. How could he say no to a rugged LIncoln Town Car? I would never give him my Coupe Deville, it's mine, but still.

Sir, I'm slightly confused. You conclude that he is gay by the choice of a car?

If he truly isn't into women, just accept him as who he is. You love your son, don't you? Please don't punish or disown him just because he is trying to be himself.

I know that you would probably be heartbroken to have a son that is not straight but think how your son feels as well. He could be heartbroken as well to know that he could possibly be not accepted by his own father. It will tear him apart.

And sir, trust me that being gay is neither a disease nor a choice. If it is a disease, I think a lot of gay guys would queue up to get the cure as no gay guys want to be discriminated, punished, jailed, stoned and hang to death - just for being gay.

I'll assume this is a serious message against my better judgement ...

Our children are not us, thank goodness! I have children from when I was married and I am as proud of them as anyone could be. Surely what you want for your son is for him to be fulfilled and happy as a man and useful as a citizen? If he doesn't want a relationship with a woman there is nothing wrong with him. As a parent your job is surely to do what you would do for any of your children under any circumstances - be there when they need you, offer advice IF asked and let them know you love them without conditions. Once he becomes an adult you don't actually need to do anything else.

Being gay is not a disease. Beings throughout the entire living world come in all sorts of packages. Nature has decreed that the easiest way of propagating the species is for a man and a woman to be together. However, some simply find those relationships don't work and prefer to be with their own kind. No one will catch gayness, no one dies of being gay. The only bad thing about being gay (considering we number less than five percent of the population) is the attitude (and, sadly, sometimes the actions) of other people who think we should be like them.

... and if you judge him by the car he prefers to drive ... maybe he's just into something less environmentally demanding.

I am not getting it...a bug is not "gay" at all...I know alot of gay people and not one of them has a VW Bug....

Sir, I'm slightly confused. You conclude that he is gay by the choice of a car?

If he truly isn't into women, just accept him as who he is. You love your son, don't you? Please don't punish or disown him just because he is trying to be himself.

I know that you would probably be heartbroken to have a son that is not straight but think how your son feels as well. He could be heartbroken as well to know that he could possibly be not accepted by his own father. It will tear him apart.

And sir, trust me that being gay is neither a disease nor a choice. If it is a disease, I think a lot of gay guys would queue up to get the cure as no gay guys want to be discriminated, punished, jailed, stoned and hang to death - just for being gay.

Jay Wrote:Sir, I'm slightly confused. You conclude that he is gay by the choice of a car?

They have a choice. When I was his age I was competing with people with hotter than cars than mine (which is some TOUGH competition when you have a 5 year old Cadillac with a Big Block V8) and I still got all shades of laid. I'm still not sure if I have a few illegitimate children.

But the point is I can't accept my son if he has the gay.

marshlander Wrote:I'll assume this is a serious message against my better judgement ...

Our children are not us, thank goodness! I have children from when I was married and I am as proud of them as anyone could be. Surely what you want for your son is for him to be fulfilled and happy as a man and useful as a citizen? If he doesn't want a relationship with a woman there is nothing wrong with him. As a parent your job is surely to do what you would do for any of your children under any circumstances - be there when they need you, offer advice IF asked and let them know you love them without conditions. Once he becomes an adult you don't actually need to do anything else.

Being gay is not a disease. Beings throughout the entire living world come in all sorts of packages. Nature has decreed that the easiest way of propagating the species is for a man and a woman to be together. However, some simply find those relationships don't work and prefer to be with their own kind. No one will catch gayness, no one dies of being gay. The only bad thing about being gay (considering we number less than five percent of the population) is the attitude (and, sadly, sometimes the actions) of other people who think we should be like them.

... and if you judge him by the car he prefers to drive ... maybe he's just into something less environmentally demanding.

A real man wants to drive a Big Block V8 powered land yacht, or hell just something with a V8. But the point is any normal boy should get something by 18. I'd even accept him having a fat chick at this point.

Captain1950s Wrote:... But the point is I can't accept my son if he has the gay.
Then you don't deserve the privilege of being his father. Good luck to him.. Sounds like he'll need it.