Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there another movie like it?
So A little while back I watched "Mysterious Skin" and needless to say its now one of my favorite films. Its not for everyone I assure but for me it was heart wrenching in such a great way.

I would really like to find more movies of that caliber. Not nessisarily of the same plot basis but something that can make me feel like I did when I watched Mysterious Skin. I cried. I dont cry with movies.

So does anyone have any suggestions. Preferably something without female nudity. I want a great movie but Im not about to stab out my eyes for it Rolleyes

I absolutely LOVED "Mysterious Skin", it was truely soul wrenching. I dont know if you would like it, but "Urbania" is one of my favorite gay movies that (imo) has a similar emotional depth. It is a totally different premis but there is something that really moved me about its honesty. I warn you it has a slow build and is very "plastic-theater", lots of symbolism and allusion, but I recomend it highly.

My favorite gay movie is "My Own Private Idaho". If you haven't seen that, I'd suggest taking a look. Anything by Gus Van Sant. Also good (but not gay) is Blue Velvet.

Beaux Wrote:I absolutely LOVED "Mysterious Skin", it was truely soul wrenching. I dont know if you would like it, but "Urbania" is one of my favorite gay movies that (imo) has a similar emotional depth. It is a totally different premis but there is something that really moved me about its honesty. I warn you it has a slow build and is very "plastic-theater", lots of symbolism and allusion, but I recomend it highly.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182508/ is that the movie you were talking about?

Kronis Wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182508/ is that the movie you were talking about?

Yes thats the one Smile

Oh, I have to see this movie then.

Um, I don't know if you've seen it, but "A Single Man" might appear similar. Also, "Little Children", I guess. And there was a movie with Matthew Perry, I remember watching it quite a while ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473389/

Here's the link.

And, finally, "Home", a Swiss movie from 2008. Oh, "The Lovely Bones". Although it is not that...well, it's different.

I hope I've helped.

Ive been meaning to watch the lovely bones for so long. I feel like the only idiot who hasnt seen it yet haha. All those movies sound intresting enough just from title alone but i think ill have to IMDB them. thanks.

Kronis Wrote:Ive been meaning to watch the lovely bones for so long. I feel like the only idiot who hasnt seen it yet haha. All those movies sound intresting enough just from title alone but i think ill have to IMDB them. thanks.

I think I'll make a thread about it, it was just amazing....you definitely have to watch it! :d

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:I think I'll make a thread about it, it was just amazing....you definitely have to watch it! :d

The Lovely Bones was a remarkable movie, the book was awesome and I read it before I saw the movie. That will often ruin a movie for be as books are usually better but it really followed the book amazingly well.