Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anyone from Toronto? Please help...
Is there anyone from Toronto? Please help...
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is any of you is from Toronto, because I need some info about living in Toronto, especially cost of living and job-related. Anyone can give me some info please?
What I want to know are:
---The monthly cost, like food, rent...What is the total do you spend. I searched on the Internet, but those seem like kinda old.
---Is there any job that does not ask for experience, because I don't have much. And if there is, does the employer pay the minimum wage? I saw the minimum wage of Toronto is 10 dollars on Wiki, just so I can make a budget.
---And the taxes, Let's say I make 400 dollars per week then what is the total I can get after taxes?

I don't know what the income tax rate is in Ontario, but you're probably looking at 10-30% off of your pay in income tax, EI, and CPP. Although, not all employers will deduct income tax at source, so you might get most of that 400, but have to put some of it aside to pay income tax at the end of the year.

As to getting a job without any experience, it is not easy anywhere without connections.

Toronto is also fairly expensive in terms of housing, but cheaper options can be found depending on what you're looking for.

yes, toronto is very expensive and hard to find a good job, so good luck finding a job and rent is freakin HIGH. so its best to not move here. I live in toronto.

Thank you for the replies ^^