Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a good online dating profile???
Could you tell me if this is a good profile, and what you like, don't like, would change, etc? Thanks!!!

"Well I'm a nice guy looking for another nice guy. I love to sing, art, writing, video games, cooking, psychology, books, coffee, more coffee, etc. I am moderately sarcastic, pretty liberal, tolerant, loving, giving, empathetic and compassionate! I love theatre and have for at least 15 years. I'm an intellectual who loves learning. I'm quiet around strangers but when around people I know, I'm just another person or in some cases just another crazy fun lovin' geek. I drink occasionally, but it is rarely to "party" but as an addendum to hanging out with friends.

Also, I'm a Christian (Catholic), but very open! I don't shove it down your throat, and accept all people's beliefs! I like to swim (should do it more) and hang out with my friends. I'm Italian and I love learning about the culture. I am currently in the process of learning Italian. I enjoy Shakespeare and classical music. I rather like tradition, but I am also open to a great deal of things as well.

I'm also a published poet. I don't have any books out yet, but I have been published in 4 separate anthologies of young writers from when I was younger all the way up through 12th grade. I still write, and hope to compile a book this summer. My greatest writing achievement is that one of my poems is now the town poem of my home town. I particularly like the works of Robert Frost, William Butler Yeats, Maya Angelou and Walter de la Mare, though I am only just starting to divulge myself into reading a lot of poetry.

I'm a really sensitive guy, and I usually make people laugh. I can be really dorky, and I can get pretty excited over small things. When something excites me, I get really excited, so in a sense I am very animated, but only once you get to know me. I'm also in the process of losing weight, which is going very well. I've lost 40+ lbs since the beginning of the Summer (via Weight Watchers). I also really like Harry Potter and can happily nerd out on it. I also really like discussing things, deep conversations are important to me. I also like a game series that no one hardly knows about (in America at least) called Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney games). But whatevs. I am a pretty serious guy at times, but can also be a really laid back guy as well. I am a HUGE Pokemon nerd! If you like Pokemon, regardless if you are interested in me, you should message me so we can nerd out! Smile As far as the kind of guy I like, I like more masculine guys. However, I'm not horribly particular. (Also, I love animals). I'm really shy about messaging people, so if you read my profile and you want to interact, you might need to initialize the conversation at first.

And now I have really nothing else I can think of saying, so just message me if you want to learn more about me Smile"

Good information, but you are jumping all over the place and, it's hard to get all of your qualities that belong in each category together.

Sensitive, intelligent, intellectual (deep conversations), excitable, shy and, open minded Catholic all need to be in one paragraph.

Music, cooking, poetry, gaming, reading interests all go in another paragraph.

Weight loss and physical attributes in a third.

That would make it easier for readers to wrap their head around the basics of who you are, what you are into and, what you look like.

Honestly, I think you are telling way too much about yourself. It would make the typical "get-to-know-you" conversation you usually have when you exchange messages with someone very difficult because they already know everything. I would pare it down (and leave out the Pokemon stuff, will ya?). Wink

With profiles, the goal is to intrigue guys enough to want to message you and find out more.

I would say that while I know what your trying to achieve, too much information is almost as bad as too little.

In your case I would say definitely too much. You have to keep some stuff back, otherwise what will you talk about on you're first date?

One paragraph is enough for anyone to read. Catch their attention in the first few sentences, or risk people ignoring it completely.

Good Luck!

ObW
x