Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this an appropriate Christmas present?
My boyfriend is always so good to me. He cooks for me (he graduated from culinary school-though that's not his proffession). He treats me to fancy restaurants, buys me little gifts, buys tickets to broadway shows, ballets, etc. and he always wants to pay. Though as time goes on he's getting better at letting me pay for things, slowly, things are becoming more equal.
So I wanted to get him an appropriately luxurious gift for Christmas. Since he's always turning down the thermostat (for my benefit-I like it cold and I know he loves cashmere, yet only owns a single sweater. I decided to buy him a luxurious multiple ply cashmere sweater with matching scarf and socks from one of those luxurious stores on Fifth Avenue.
Is this gift appropriately luxurious?
Does is sound like a good gift?
What do you think?

NYC has lots of resources. Look for a second hand store selling clean up scale clothing. I got a Burberry scarf for $15 this year.

Cashmere is defiantly the way to go. A cashmere sweater from JCrew is just as soft warm.
I would also not diss the Apple store they have a refurbished store site too.
Something like this is nice too (a burberry boot )
he got me a Chanel beanie, under stated dark blue with same color "CC"'s for those bad hair days.

You are sooo lucky boo.
a boyfriend is NOT like a puppy dog; the dog will be yours for a life time

Regardless of price its the thought that counts... I know this year im buying my family all 99p gifts... I have often learnt you can spend an arm and a leg on gifts breaking your bank to please those people however it only ends up in a car boot or ebay! I feel ungrateful if people get me clothes!

Kindest regards

zeon x

Now I'm thinking maybe it's too expensive, not personal enough, I did'nt spend that much money on it, but it will look expensive regardless. I still have the receipt. There's still 5 more days till Christmas.

Your so lucky. Spend Christmas day together, you, him and a inexpensive bottle of wine.

My question for you is what is his wardrobe made of.By this I mean does he like high fashion or is he down to earth type guy that like jeans and a nice shirt.

When your out with him and see someone with something like that on you can always ask do you see yourself wear those kind of clothes, then you have your answer.

I am pretty sure that he would love anything that you put thought into.

Great present (so long as it fits him).

Just my tuppence worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I think it's a sweet present.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I think any present with thought behind it, is a great present. I am sure he will love it.