Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this appropriate?
A friend and I keep going to this gay group and we both like the same guys. We usually talk to the guy at the same time and then one of us asks for his number and the other takes it down. All under the guise of all being friends but I know I am looking for a bf and so is he.

Is it wrong that we are doing this? How do I ask a guy out when he is also doing it? It's so awkward.

All relationships (if you're looking for a LTR) must start as friendships.

Therefore, as long as you and your friend are not battling each other in competition, or deceiving the third party, then my opinion would be that this is innocent enough.

However, if you are deceiving anyone, then this may be considered ethically wrong.

Use your own moral compass and best wishes!

We aren't deceiving or battling but it feels like we are kind of battling.

Gaydude3 Wrote:... How do I ask a guy out when he is also doing it? It's so awkward.

write his name on your list and show it to him

I'm not sure if it's inappropriate, exactly, BUT, if it was me in that situation I would also have questions (Like you do) and might be a little annoyed.

I hate to say it , but when it comes to attractions The green eyed monster can show up.
Unfortunately he also brings with him , sister resentment.

Are you willing to risk losing a friend?

If a friendship is lost over a mere crush on someone then it wasn't much of a friendship of all.

Life isn't always going to work out happily for everyone. If this goes a little further and there's more support to your crush that goes farther than just infatuation... give it a shot? Maybe your friend wouldn't make it that far. Maybe he would. Maybe the guy would choose you. Maybe he would choose your friend. Maybe he wouldn't choose either of you. You won't know until you try... but just don't make rash decisions/judgements.

I'd say, diversify your outings and your meetings... Go to different groups. Meet different people. Or ask if that guy has a friend he could bring over. Or again, in true gay spirit, try a threesome and see if that's the thing for you? (I'm jesting, of course, but not completely).

You know it sounds to me like you and your friend should study the feelings you have for each other.

Are you sure you are just friends? or could there be more there

Um just friends lol. No feelings.