Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the end of it?
Quote:“…There are no strangers. There are only versions of ourselves, many of which we have not embraced, most of which we wish to protect ourselves from. For the stranger is not foreign, she is random, not alien but remembered; and is the randomness of he encounter with our already known – although unacknowledged – selves that summons a ripple of alarm. That makes us reject the figure and the emotions it provokes – especially when these emotions are profound. It is also what makes us want to own, govern, administrate the Other. To romance her, if we can, back into our own mirrors. In either instance (of alarm or false reverence), we deny her personhood, the specific individuality we insist upon for ourselves (Toni Morrison, “The Fisherwoman,” introduction to Robert Bergman’s book of photograhs, A Kind of Rapture, New York: Pantheon/Random House, 1998).”

It wasn't a fair fight from the beginning. So many punches were thrown from the shadows and the viciousness really caught me by surprise.

I was angry and a little frustrated. But I'm glad I had stood my ground. Untruth is easily accepted because they're convenient; but truth does not need to be defended with much effort - for it always prevail in the end.

To the person who started this bs, I'd love an apology of some sort. Perhaps a PM?

As for those still pursuing it: Drop it, you're only making a fool of yourself.

Glad to say I'm back - even stronger than before Smile

You've underestimated me. But now I finally get to pull a punch after all this time lol. Felt good xD

If this is some sort of fight, it doesn't belong here. I have no clue what this is about, but if you're looking to get an apology from someone, this is not a good way to do it. The mature thing is to address your grievances in a private manner and either settle or agree to disagree.

This is the first hint of anger/fighting I've seen in the month I've participated in this forum. I hope it's not a regular thing.

GossamerMoon Wrote:If this is some sort of fight, it doesn't belong here. I have no clue what this is about, but if you're looking to get an apology from someone, this is not a good way to do it. The mature thing is to address your grievances in a private manner and either settle or agree to disagree.

This is the first hint of anger/fighting I've seen in the month I've participated in this forum. I hope it's not a regular thing.

What she said. Keep the fights to the PMs at least.

GossamerMoon Wrote:If this is some sort of fight, it doesn't belong here. I have no clue what this is about, but if you're looking to get an apology from someone, this is not a good way to do it. The mature thing is to address your grievances in a private manner and either settle or agree to disagree.

no, it's not the best way to do it i agree. But that's how you deal with shadowfighters xD

Don't worry, I'm not good at posting my emotions in the public. This is probably the first time I've done it. But I just had to do it. You won't see it regularly for sure Remybussi

TryingNewThing Wrote:no, it's not the best way to do it i agree. But that's how you deal with shadowfighters xD

Don't worry, I'm not good at posting my emotions in the public. This is probably the first time I've done it. But I just had to do it. You won't see it regularly for sure Remybussi

Whatever...hope you get what you seek (odds are you will) Faga1
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I must say after reading this....I'm simply confused :confused: This is a fight? Strangest one I have ever seen if that's the case.

If this is indeed some sort of fight or argument (which would be the very first one I have seen in my 5 months on the forums) the mature thing to do would be to settle it in private as an adult would. This just seems tantamount to a temper-tantrum or attention-grabbing (no offense personally) You would probably be taken more seriously as well by airing your concerns directly to the person you're arguing with.

In any case, I hate it when people fight, I hope you guys are able to resolve your differences. Life's too short to fight, you know?

yeah, sry about acting like a teenager but you see, I had to play the game :tongue:

lol, i may be a queen but i don't do drama. peace out ladies! Bath