Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islamic justice?
A suicide bomber was shot dead by Israeli forces. Muslims took up his body and started protesting without realising that that suicide belt was still attached to the bomber's body. What happened next is in the video. Be warned that the video is very graphic.

Why they are screaming "Allah akbar" heavens only knows.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

This video is actually thought to be fake.

The body of the 'bomber' appears miraculously unharmed later in the video. It is actually thought that a car bomb or something else exploded.

The story of the Israelis shooting him doesn't apparently stand scrutiny...but it does give a lot of people the opportunity to vent their feelings.

I did wonder myself about the body of the bomber being unscathed. Just shows that you can't believe everything you see on the Internet.

I didn´t watch the video, but this remains me of the fact, that Isis is getting justice by Jordanian bombers right now as we speak Twak

The news: In a clear and direct escalation of military activity against the Islamic State, Jordan has reportedly launched 56 airstrikes against the terrorist group in just the last three days.

The country's air force chief Gen. Mansour al-Jabour said Sunday that the nearly five dozen strikes hit "logistics centers, arms depots and targeted hideouts of their fighters," reports Al Jazeera. The attacks were specifically targeting the Syrian city of Raqqa, an Islamic State stronghold.

According to al-Jabour, the attacks were a direct retaliation after the Islamic State released a video Thursday showing the execution of captured Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh. Al-Kaseasbeh was burned alive while trapped in a cage.

"We achieved what we were looking for: revenge for Muath," the general told a group of reporters, according to the Associated Press. "And this is not the end. This is the beginning."

The background: Several Arab countries, including Jordan, have been allied with the United States in an air campaign against the Islamic State since Sept. 23, 2014, a few months after the group declared a itself a caliphate in late June.

However, after the Islamic State released the video Thursday depicting al-Kaseasbeh's gruesome execution, Jordan has dramatically increased its military efforts. According to Al Jazeera, about 20% of the sorties made by the US-led coalition against the Islamic State came from Jordan, and those sorties have been "degrading" roughly 20% of the groups capabilities.

"We are determined to wipe them from the face of the Earth," al-Jabour added.

The general added that about 7,000 IS fighters have been killed since the beginning of the coalition's airstrikes. After the IS captured Jordan's pilot, the United Arab Emirates halted airstrikes, but the AP reports that the UAE announced Saturday its plans to send a fleet of F-16 fighter jets to Jordan to participate in airstrikes, according to a Jordanian official.

Thousands of Jordanians participate in a mass demonstration after Friday prayers near Al Hussein Mosque to express their solidarity with the pilot murdered by the Islamic State (IS) group earlier this week, on February 6, 2015 in Amman, Jordan.Source: Getty Images

The takeaway: Since rising to international prominence in June 2014, the Islamic State has been growing at a disconcerting pace, in terms of membership, bankroll and violence. The group was pulling in as much as $2 million a day by some estimates and was believed to have as many as 100,000 members at the end of last summer. After releasing a string of execution videos, the Islamic State gained more attention from the press and general population, leading to an expanded military campaign against the group.

Despite reports that many in the area, and even Jordan itself, support the IS, if the recent Jordanian airstrikes are any indication, the tide may be turning and the terrorist group might be counting down its final days.

We can hope.

i'm not gonna watch that video, fake or not. what's going on in the world is fucked enough, i don't need to actually see people being cut to pieces.

and by now most of the Arab countries are fighting ISIS and trying to get this issue under control.

UAE

Saudi pilots, online death threats

ISIS has made the whole planet its enemies. they're not gonna win this thing in long term. in short term though, they're capable of doing a lot of damage.

regarding their attitude toward homosexuality (not that there are any surprises there):
The Guardian, January 25, 2015 Wrote:Take, for example, the group’s punishment for individuals accused of homosexuality. In a series of incidents in recent weeks, Isis has thrown individuals accused of being gay from the highest buildings. This method as a sharia punishment is unheard of, even in countries where sharia brute justice is openly practised, such as Saudi Arabia.

I'd wish nothing more than to see them suffer.

BlueStar Wrote:I'd wish nothing more than to see them suffer.

Right now I wish nothing more than you'd get your boney butt some place where I don't have to worry about you every time I hear news from over there.

And I bet there's about a dozen others in GS who feel the same way about you...

I am so pissed about the Jordanian pilot being burned alive.

When this ISIS began, someone blamed it on the CIA. That doesn't hold up, but they are as good at pushing buttons as any covert force anywhere in the world.

They want to polarize and galvanize and mobilize. They are doing a smack-up job.

How horrible the fight has become.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:I am so pissed about the Jordanian pilot being burned alive.

When this ISIS began, someone blamed it on the CIA. That doesn't hold up, but they are as good at pushing buttons as any covert force anywhere in the world.

They want to polarize and galvanize and mobilize. They are doing a smack-up job.

How horrible the fight has become.

The whole damned blame game is just a shitty underhanded way of saying...

It's not my fault so I don't have to do anything about it.

Do you want to take a guess on what I really want to say every time I see someone playing the blame game on any subject?

It has something to do with a old funny
Lynyrd Skynyrd song and three steps towards the door.
Except probably I'd be dead serious if I said it.
and counting to three before passing out party favors.