Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Kinsey scale
Arkansota Wrote:I never said bisexuality doesn't exist. I just said I personally doubt that it's more than 10% of the population.

And I didn't say that you said it didn't exist. I said you can't judge others based on your own feelings. Nobody fits into a completely black and white scale. You may be 100% for men, but people are all over the place when it comes to sexual preferences. I'm just personally tired of people getting at bisexuality as if it were some alien concept.

I personally believe completely 100% exclusive homosexuality/heterosexuality is rare. But that's just me and I don't really have any valid evidence to support my theory.

While being Strictly Dickly myself, I actually believe to some extent or level that everyone, every single homo-sapien on this earth, is to some degree bisexual. Hell, forget bisexual for a minute, just plan old sexual, whether it be Homo, Hetero, Bi, Pan, A-sexual, Tri,whatever, people in general are sexual, so really, trying to find out "what type of sexual" really is not an issue and is really quite improbable.

Our proposed closest relative behaviorally, the Bonobo(Monkey), is almost somewhat exclusively Bisexual.

And even the Majority is a Minority in comparison to the unequivocal presence of Sexuality...people have sex, who cares with whom? Technically in that case, everyone of age to be fucking is in the Majority, as they are in the Majority of Sexuality (if they are having/had sex of course)

Really...this theory of yours has many holes and is based upon another theory that is equally full of holes... what a conundrum.

:3 . I shall solve it ^o^

Sexuality is not,
as others have said,
black and white,
as most believe it to be.

Labels are flawed.

Nobody is alike,
everybody is different.

Something as complicated as sexuality
will never be a perfect "science".

It's something so fluid and nontransparent
that to place separate permanent boxes over three simplistic ideals
(hetero, bi, and homo)
made by the ignorant human brain is...
well...
ignorant.

There's so much about the human brain that we still don't understand,
and may never,
in our short existences,
before extinction.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:What you think and what things are may not be meshing.

With 47 years of meeting lots of people and hearing 'confessions', bisexuality is more predominate than society lets on. When you get people to start really talking, away from social pressure and peer pressures, they start admitting things that often don't mesh with society's views.

Plenty of gay men have had interest in a (one or two) women. Albeit a slight interest. A lot of straight men have had interest in one or two men. Interpersonal relationships with different individuals can lead one do consider doing things one 'normally' wouldn't consider.

Bisexuals are not tolerated by either the straight or LGBT communities - they are marginalized and often have to pretend to be either straight or gay in order to fit in or to make the whole explaining of how they feel more palatable.

There is pressures on either side to force a bisexual person to pick one gender and be happy. when this wall breaks down, we will find more bisexuals will 'come out' and more predominately straight and predominately gay individuals will confess to having the occasional opposite of their identity attraction.
I definitely agree, and maybe is one of the biggest problem about Bi coming out. I'm bi, and in my opinion some of the gay guys that I know aren't 'only gay'... I wanna talk about this fact, though perhaps I am going to start a story with a gay guy I'm not gay, but it doesn't mean that I would betray him with a woman.
And to be honest I don't think he's 100% gay and he told me about a past important relationship with a woman...
Maybe in this closed society it's easier a gay than a bi coming out, and maybe it's easier to accept, cause you will delete a doubt, bisexuality is like a permanent doubt (not for me.)

On the other side, the straight side, especially among the men I think I know a very lot of bi, even among my friends, but they will never admit or accept it. Accept himself.
Maybe they're only curious, like 10%gay, 90% straight, but 100% gay or straight is very rare, in my opinion.

Luckly I don't care so much about this matter, I need to solve my problems and paranoia before thinking about those of other...

Arkansota Wrote:I agree that bisexuals are more common than most people think, but I don't think they're a majority

Just based on personal experience I would disagree. I have a knack for getting people to open up and those who have a person they would consider dating or who have had sex with the same sex far outweigh those who have not.

SolemnBoy Wrote:I personally believe completely 100% exclusive homosexuality/heterosexuality is rare. But that's just me and I don't really have any valid evidence to support my theory.

I've definitely had my moments. I've dated both women and men with female bits. I enjoyed the latter far more, but I'm not a person that denies there are, albeit very few, women I might sleep with did I not have the love of my life. It's a one every ten years kind of thing, but it's still there.

Scales are for fish.

Scales are for learning to play music.

Scales are for weighing chocolate.

That is all.

It might be a good idea to call males men. We could try calling females women. Sticking incoherent labels on people just confuses us. I am definitely a male with good hormonal and prostate health. Does that make me gay or straight? Why would it matter?

One of the basic questions of life is: If you put 2 men in a ring, will both exit in the same shape they entered. That is definitely incoherent. I took out over 20 guys in a row with a bungy stick on Parris Island. My Marine number was 2363253. Look me up. Find out my scores as a sniper.

When Jackie Kennedy wanted to know whether Oswald could have assassinated her husband in Dallas, she asked me. I don't remember that any member of the Kennedy family asked you any questions. I have thousands of pictures of me in my Secret Service file. They would never have allowed me to have lunch with her. Incoherent people are not allowed in the White House. Who do you eat lunch and dinners with?

Never saw you in my life. I bet you are incoherent.