Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with my BF's mother...
You said it yourself, i think. Stay out of it

Yes you should tell him everything. And because you love him and you are in relationship you should always stand on his side in front of rest of the world, even if you disagree with somethink he things. And When you are alone you can tell him that you disagree with him.

Thanks MRossW - it helps to know that others have gone through this --- and thanks to everyone for reinforcing my first instinct, to stay out of it. I know she's going to be annoyed, but I can't help it. My BF doesn't push me to take sides, he says just ignore her. Easier said than done lol, but I'm going to try...

There is a very clever way how to handle this...

If she is not someone that listens very well, I'm sure she can read... Everything you basically posted in this forum could easily be presented in the form of a letter.

The reason I'm suggesting a letter is she cannot sit and argue or be combative with a sheet of paper. However sounds like she will definitely do that to you.

This letter should state that she's putting you in a very awkward position... One that you would never like to experience again.

This letter should also ask her to think comprehensively about what she's asking you to do and the consequences.

Write this letter, break contact with her just for a few days , she really needs to understand the position she's putting you in.

I know this sounds far fetched, off the wall but try it :-)

This not have to be an immediate discussion with your partner. This is mainly a tactic to diffuse any future compromises on behalf of your mother in law.

What do you think?

I think I am willing to try anything at this point, maybe I should print out this thread with all the feedback and send it to her with a dozen roses lol -
Seriously, not a bad idea...

Adam Wrote:I think I am willing to try anything at this point, maybe I should print out this thread with all the feedback and send it to her with a dozen roses lol -
Seriously, not a bad idea...
That would be awesome :-)