Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It certainly doesn't take long for Takei
princealbertofb Wrote:Very astute, Beaux.
My post was, to a certain degree, ironic. When I said interesting, I think I meant to agree with you. You're right about the adult decision thing, but that's precisely the point. My partner, a former Mormon, would think exactly along your lines of thinking in that Mormons have been and are consistently being robbed of their right to decide as adults. The Mormon church has every interest in keeping the minds of their followers in "mental captivity", telling them how to live their lives and allegedly "protecting" them from the ills and sins of this world.

Sadly, some people won't ever be allowed to grow or to find out who they really are because of this simplistic thinking. It may suit some, but it won't suit all. The really worrying thing is that this is about power and money and manipulation. Those couples are being an instrument to it. It's not insignificant that all four couples are Mormons. They didn't try to add any other religion, or atheist couples trying to deal with their sexuality and orientation with this same principle of renouncing their needs and seeing how far they can sustain it. On the other hand, a programme such as this one might expose how vile and destructive the Mormon thinking is.

So, yes, interesting, because these women, who have nothing to lose, are still deluding themselves in that they may think they can possibly change their partner's orientation. Many women have felt that way before, owing to inexperience in the matter. Or else it's even more cruel than you'd think, because they are being instrumental in perpetuating the mental torture these men have got to go through, and helping them live the lie. But there is a sense of them trying to help, and selfishly having found a person who they probably do appreciate and love. And why not? Were it not for their common thinking that homosexuality is something to be resisted, these women might be helping these men to COME OUT, like any good fag hag. I wonder if theses wives ever think of themselves as fag hags? Do they even know the phrase? I wonder if these men are allowed to be together as a group of friends? Or was that just for the programme? Is there any risk that the four of them together might just reinforce their wish to be with men rather than women? If they ever come out and divorce their wives, will they become woman-haters?

Obviously, I cannot answer questions pertaining to THIS particular set of morons OR this particular set of Mormons for that matter, but I was raised by in a mixed-religon family (Catholic/Jewish) and I feel pretty safe in saying that all of the points you made about Mormonism and its poisonous stranglehold can also be made against the vast majority of religons. Which is why I try not to comment on Religon type threads, lest I hurt someone's feelings or endanger their preconceived notions of what THEIR invisible sky-buddy tells them...
~Beaux

Haha, [MENTION=13210]Beaux[/MENTION], how heavenly.