Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Halloween!
Virge Wrote:I don't get this Borg. We got him all dressed up last weekend and did at least damned 50 pics and a short vid.

Where is any of it? I figured he would be eager to show it all off cuz it does look damned good!!!!

He left the best part of the whole costume out. The reason it takes 90 minutes to paint him is about nine coats of a black paint base mixed with theatrical latex. When I got through spraying him it looked like a shiny black skin tight body suit. The reason it doesn't take long to get him out of it is all we have to do is peel him.

Who got to shave him ? ... or is the peeling a hot wax surprise no one planned on !?!?

Borg69 Wrote:Who got to shave him ? ... or is the peeling a hot wax surprise no one planned on !?!?

I shaved myself after we did the first paint and found out there was no way around doing it. It took forever to get it off when it had hair to hold it on. It pulled out all sorts of hair. Shaved it comes off in sheets in no time. I found out if I rub down in corn starch first itll come off easier still. The reason it takes so long to spray on is we did 7 coats and they all had to dry. Yeah the peeling was a team effort, Virge, my fiance and her son. The reason no pics yet is I want to show the full costume and we havent done that yet.

Skin needs to breathe. I am concerned about you if you're going to be drinking alcohol and dancing around painted in rubber.

Quote:...attributed to Borg69
Skin needs to breathe. I am concerned about you if you're going to be drinking alcohol and dancing around painted in rubber.
I agree, although not for skin suffocation.

Overheating is a main concern. This is more problematic when you're covering your skin with corn starch (a great idea, btw... nonstick StingRay!) which will further obstruct skin pores. And check the chemicals in the paint.

You're most likely not in any danger, but I wouldn't want to stay sealed in like last night's leftovers for a long period of time. And remember, Batman never passes out drunk in public.... Laugh ...Try and keep someone with you, or in sight, just to play safe in the sandbox.

This sounds like one of the coolest costumes. Can't wait to see it! Any chance for some immediate post peel pictures? Give some of the rest of us the chance to pass out while forgetting to breathe!

Two sources concerning the myth of actress Shirley Eaton's death after filming Goldfinger due to full body paint:
Quote:Although it was still widely believed at the time Goldfinger was made (1964) that we "breathe" through our skin and that closing off all the pores in one's body would result in a quick death, we now know this to be false. (Another commonly accepted part of this concept was the notion that
leaving a small portion of the body unpainted was sufficient to ward off disaster.) As long as a person can breathe through his mouth and/or nose, he will not die of asphyxiation, no matter how much of his body is covered with paint (or any other substance). This isn't to say that painting yourself isn't unsafe, however — clogging all your pores prevents you from perspiring and could eventually cause you to die from overheating, and toxic substances found in paint could contribute to your demise if you stay in a painted state too long.
Skin Asphyxiation: Myth and Dangers
---------------------------------
Perhaps the writers forgot that we breathe through our lungs, not through our skin. Today, performers are routinely bodypainted, even with latex. People take mud baths. There are certainly other things that can go wrong when you coat your entire body — overheating and hypothermia are two real possibilities — but "skin suffocation" is not one of them.
Skin Suffocation Myth

Yes it's almost Hallow's Eve! Here are some pics of my friends (cropped them out since I don't have their permission lol) and I at Knott's Scary Farm just a few days ago. For the international folks and those that aren't near the California area, Knott's Berry Farm is an amusement park in Southern California, which they transform into "Knott's Scary Farm" during the Halloween season. Tons of Halloween fright-fest attractions and activities. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

^^^Great pics Derek!^^^^Cool Tshirt tooThumbgrin.....

I haven't been to Knotts in a long time...loved it when I used to go....

East Wrote:^^^Great pics Derek!^^^^Cool Tshirt tooThumbgrin.....

I haven't been to Knotts in a long time...loved it when I used to go....

Thanks! Knotts is awesome this time of year and even though it's crowded there's always so much positive energy and intensity. Love the vibe.