Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a DRY humor . . .
Darius Wrote:I'm new here so I am confused (more than usual, that is). Is this thread an inside joke?

I think he just went Advanced Mode on that one Smile

Darius Wrote:I'm new here so I am confused (more than usual, that is). Is this thread an inside joke?

Not at all. It is an openly sardonic, self-deprecating post, meant to entertain, which it did.

Men of my age, as well as young ones, often make comments about dry spells in dating. It's a cliche, hence the GIF.

A question in return. Why does it bother you to show your location? "Mybusiness" implies that it is somehow revealing or private. I've seen that tone on other forums. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why a poster feels like his geographic location is somehow sensitive information, or somehow compromises his anonymity.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:Not at all. It is an openly sardonic, self-deprecating post, meant to entertain, which it did.

Men of my age, as well as young ones, often make comments about dry spells in dating. It's a cliche, hence the GIF.

A question in return. Why does it bother you to show your location? "Mybusiness" implies that it is somehow revealing or private. I've seen that tone on other forums. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why a poster feels like his geographic location is somehow sensitive information, or somehow compromises his anonymity.

I didn't mean to have a tone and I was not being secretive. I am from Illinois. The profile questions were long and I just didn't feel like filling it out and didn't realize anyone cared. I have never joined a site like this before and didn't know what to expect or what was expected of me. Sorry.

I wasn't offended, just confused. So "Mybusiness" is one of the default responses in the profile dropdowns? I didn't notice it. Thanks for explaining.

Dry spell. Starting from my 20th birthday all the way to my 27th in just 37 days..... my sex life has been

3-4 months without.
5-8 days of sex every 4 to 12 hours.
3-4 months without
3-4 months without.
3-4 months without

I'm not complaining because really it's all I know. I just hope when he finally moves here after Xmas we can break that routine and work out something close to every other day. We laugh about it all the time when we chat skype. It's going to be weird to have one of us not getting dressed out of a suitcase --- no planes. I'll be fine if I never get on one again.