Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's over
My actor returned on Monday from his weekend with friends and he had NOT slept with his ex girlfriend though I had given him a free pass to do so, but I'm fairly certain it was because she wasn't into it. He is meeting up with her again soon but that's somewhat irrelevant now.

I was with family all weekend and kept getting asked whether I was seeing anyone and my mum who can always guess when I'm in a relationship asked when she could meet him. I knew the she wouldn't be overjoyed at the age difference but who I see is my business. SO Monday, after the whole 'so did you shag your ex? Nope.' conversation I told him my mother would like to meet him and he said no problem - but I would have to introduce him as a FRIEND!

Now I've always known he keeps his sexuality quiet but friends know, his family know, his work colleagues know, he only seems to hide it from fans, so I couldn't understand why my mother couldn't know. But apparently she and the rest of my family are considered General Public and don't need to know! Particularly not right now when he's newly back on tv and getting a lot of publicity.

I suddenly realised - this relationship is too hard! Being in love with him is not enough, in fact it just makes it more difficult. I'm just wishing I hadn't realised I was in love with him at the exact same time I realised that we can't be together.

Have you officially broken up with him yet? Or are you in the "how best to do this" stage?

Lex

Lexington Wrote:Have you officially broken up with him yet? Or are you in the "how best to do this" stage?

Lex

I told him on Monday that I didn't think the relationship could work, that it was all too difficult. I didn't actually say it was over and I think he was treating it as me letting off steam. I went home, he sent me a text the following day asking if I was alright. He's been working all week and we weren't supposed to see each other until tomorrow anyway, I've haven't answered his calls or texts because I just didn't know what to say. I know I need to speak to him tomorrow though.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this...even if it turns out to be for the best, it still hurts a hell of a lot...

You come across as a strong man with a lot of self-awareness, so I have confidence that you'll reach the decision that's best for you. We can all delude ourselves to a certain point, but there's wisdom in knowing when to say, Enough.

And, from what you've told us about the relationship, I honestly believe that you deserve better...

I agree with [MENTION=22470]Pyromancer[/MENTION] ... This relationship comes with certain demands that probably weren't entirely clear from the outset. You're having to be accommodating of his social and career needs but, IMO, in a healthy relationship there needs to be a give-and-take there, room for negotiation, not just ultimatums. Without that the relationship is mostly about him, what he needs -- "you" being one of those things so long as "you" don't need too much or need anything that conflicts with his own needs. -_- Out of balance.

In one of my posts...the guy that I've spoken about is in the entertainment industry and I tend to believe that this is why he has the arrogance of an attitude about himself. I've dealt with someone for a whole summer while visiting my cousin in L.A. several years ago and he was at that time a new star on the horizon. At the time I was introduced to him while attending an A&R party by my cousin...my last intent was getting involved with anyone. Nonetheless...it happened. We dated long distance for awhile and he was very romantic and would come and visit me when the time allowed or send for me to come visit him. However, as his fame progressed...those consequences that you've mentioned did come into play. For me...I understood the fundamentals of the fame game especially if you are a good looking guy and you are designed to be capture the female audience. In order not to make matters complicated...I decided to back off and let him follow his career path and also I am loyal to keep the details of what we've shared between us. This I believe is why he does contact me from time to time just to see how things are with me. I say this in order to say to you that many times when you are involved with someone in the entertainment industry...more than likely...you are better letting pursue their career than to try to maintain a relationship with them especially if they are beginning to receive the recognition that any celebrity crave for in order to be famous. Perhaps, this is something you need to consider and once you come to that realization of where your relationship stands...you can establish a friendship with him in order to have some kind of connection with him. Good luck.

I met with him this evening and told him it was over. He said if it was about meeting my family, then he'll meet them. If it's about sleeping with his ex girlfriend, he won't do it. He said his life is "busy" at the moment and there's a lot going on because of his work but once things settle he said he'll be more relaxed and we can go on holiday... He said a lot. He said he cares about me. I said I'm in love with him.

He's asked me to take some time to reconsider. He's away again this weekend and part of next week and asked me to meet with him again when he gets back, after I've had more to time to think, because he's certain we can work things out. He said if I'm in love with him then I shouldn't give up like this. I have agreed to meet him again, whether I actually will or not I'm not sure.