Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's raining and I'm VERY happy
After a long, unbearably hot Summer, we are having a steady downpour this morning. I can hear thunder in the distance too. The air has cooled and the rain is washing all the dust away. All we need is just two weeks of this. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Good for you. Had no idea London has had such a dry, hot summer. Must have been crap for your garden. I hear if it goes on for forty days and nights that you probably should have bought a boat.
Xyxwave

I live six miles west of the nearest beach..
I live on a (really sad man made) canal , surrounded by tons of 'shrubbery'<--(Monty Python )
Anyhoo..
The hot eastern ocean breeze, collides with the cooler western air and we have a thunderstorm almost every afternoon this time of year..
(afternoons arournd 2-4pm about 4 days a week)

Here is the odd part..
The thunderstorms are violent, sometimes really scary.. it pours for about an hour..
Then the weather goes back to normal.. as if a storm never happened..lol

Florida..

Steve Wrote:Good for you. Had no idea London has had such a dry, hot summer. Must have been crap for your garden. I hear if it goes on for forty days and nights that you probably should have bought a boat.
Xyxwave

Steve, although my moniker is "LONDONER", I live in the South of Spain.

Anocxu Wrote:I live six miles west of the nearest beach..
I live on a (really sad man made) canal , surrounded by tons of 'shrubbery'<--(Monty Python )
Anyhoo..
The hot eastern ocean breeze, collides with the cooler western air and we have a thunderstorm almost every afternoon this time of year..
(afternoons arournd 2-4pm about 4 days a week)

Here is the odd part..
The thunderstorms are violent, sometimes really scary.. it pours for about an hour..
Then the weather goes back to normal.. as if a storm never happened..lol

Florida..

I love thunderstorms, the unleashing of raw, natural power. Not sure if I would like them every afternoon though. I once made a marvellous reecording of a Thunderstorm that made the house shake when I played it. Ufortunately the recording was lost and I have waited patiently and in vain for another one to record.

Good for you. No rain here in Oslo. Actually I'm waiting for snow but nice, long rain would be a nice start.

Ugh I hate summer, and here in Virginia it's so humid the heat index bumbs the temperature up another 10°. I thought we were in the clear because the leaves are dieing but we have another week in the 90sSad the only good thing about hot weather is shirtless guys, and my god, they were everywhere this year Wink and I mean muscular 1% body fat shirtless guys Drool-smiley
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

[Image: 2dd5d23dbafc4ab0f43aee1182f0c089.jpg]

Ok here it is..
Pooling up ..
I've gotten smarter.. I know its habits.. I'm going to outsmart it..
So I'm removing my underwear..

[Image: 50564b49711a64fa8329ae50d91d9963.jpg]

It's getting ready to pounce!..
Shhhh!!!

[Image: Steve-Irwin-steve-irwin-4018269-250-321.jpg]

I was trying to do Steve's accent ..( Failed) would have made you guys a 'nature' type video..

I too love a good thunderstorm, I love that fresh smell as you stand outside and feel the warm rain, and the lightning and stuff. Just rain by itself though, not so much.