Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's raining and I'm VERY happy
I live southwest of London, about 40 miles away and we didn't get any summer, just a load of absolute randomness.

IanSaysHi Wrote:I too love a good thunderstorm, I love that fresh smell as you stand outside and feel the warm rain, and the lightning and stuff. Just rain by itself though, not so much.
Well you can do all that when you feel better..

Now go to your room!

*runs away*

I am feeling 90% better now Smile I went to work and everything today. Plus bonus full night of sleep last night too, woohoo!

Thundanton Wrote:I live southwest of London, about 40 miles away and we didn't get any summer, just a load of absolute randomness.
Weather with mood swings..?
Interesting...

yes very moody, literally one day sunny, three days rainy, then on and off rainy cold weather in the morning then sunny afternoon, over here we say there are four seasons in a day.

Ceez is right. Living in Virginia is "like breathing bathwater."

I'm not much for biblical quotes, but do like the description of the good ruler in the last words of David, which says that "He shall be like the sun coming after rain by clear shining." Wonderful image.
I bid NO Trump!

IanSaysHi Wrote:I am feeling 90% better now Smile I went to work and everything today. Plus bonus full night of sleep last night too, woohoo!

Very glad to hear it Ian. Now just catch up with the other 10%.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thundanton Wrote:yes very moody, literally one day sunny, three days rainy, then on and off rainy cold weather in the morning then sunny afternoon, over here we say there are four seasons in a day.
WHAT?..
think of all the outfits you could wear in a day..

*Jealous*
Lol..

LONDONER Wrote:Steve, although my moniker is "LONDONER", I live in the South of Spain.
Silly me. I was just going by your profile. But there's your problem.
Now, once again where does it rain?
On the plain! On the plain!
And where's that soggy plain?
In Spain! In Spain!
(Sorry. It was there. I had to.) Supergrin

Anocxu Wrote:I live six miles west of the nearest beach..
I live on a (really sad man made) canal , surrounded by tons of 'shrubbery'<--(Monty Python )
Anyhoo..
The hot eastern ocean breeze, collides with the cooler western air and we have a thunderstorm almost every afternoon this time of year..
(afternoons arournd 2-4pm about 4 days a week)

Here is the odd part..
The thunderstorms are violent, sometimes really scary.. it pours for about an hour..
Then the weather goes back to normal.. as if a storm never happened..lol

Florida..
Before he moved home to Michigan to live with his parents (he was literally the boy next door... How Judy Garland does my life get?), Mark lived in Zephyrhills Florida. He said the same thing. Mid afternoon storm nearly every day, then back to unrelenting sunshine and blue skies. Ugh. How you people can stand all that perfect weather is beyond me. Tongue3

Anocxu Wrote:Ok here it is..
Pooling up ..
I've gotten smarter.. I know its habits.. I'm going to outsmart it..
So I'm removing my underwear..

It's getting ready to pounce!..
Shhhh!!!

...I was trying to do Steve's accent ..( Failed) would have made you guys a 'nature' type video..
Not to go all Billy Joel, but we love you just the way you are. So please skip the Steve Irwin accent. It sounded more like a 'naturist' type video after your underwear hit your ankles anyway. Not that it wouldn't have been fun to watch you wrestling a great Florida thunderstorm in naught but your birthday suit, but what if one of those invasive Great Python's came at you? Sperm (oops, wrong emoticon)
Snake
Wink2

ceez Wrote:Ugh I hate summer, and here in Virginia it's so humid the heat index bumbs the temperature up another 10°. I thought we were in the clear because the leaves are dieing but we have another week in the 90sSad the only good thing about hot weather is shirtless guys, and my god, they were everywhere this year Wink and I mean muscular 1% body fat shirtless guys Drool-smiley

My family vacationed in Virginia Beach when I was very young. I remember the coastline being hot with very few trees, but on the beach it was bearable. We went swimming in the ocean (which none of us had ever seen before) and plopped down on the beach to tan. "Why are there those showers over there?" my mother wondered to us. "Who would use a shower on a beach?" Second and third degree sunburns later, we figured it out.

Seriously I can't feel sorry that you're overheated when you're drooling over shirtless gym bunnies all the while. That's why god invented air conditioning.

Laugh

Oh I love a good thunderstorm. Send the rain this way.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!