Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to cut the crap.
Arkansota Wrote:I am not from Arkansas. I am from Minnesota. And you know what? I am damn proud to be from such a wonderful state.

I believe that using the state flag of Arkansas is not a good choice as an avatar, so I changed my pic to my favorite selfie that I have taken.

It's time to be real. I am a Minnesota boy, I always will be, and even when I don't live there, that's always going to be the place that I feel proud of. In addition, I have a tremendous sense of pride for my parents' home states, Delaware and Iowa. Those states are also a part of who I am.

And so is Arkansas, the place where I am learning to be an adult. However, my core being will always be from Minnesota. That's where I acquired my characteristics from.

This change in attitude is already starting to have its effect. My confidence is skyrocketing. I feel more comfortable with being myself. Why? Because I have an identity that is consistent and stable now. Nobody will ever argue that Minnesota isn't in the Midwest.

I believe this attitude you're taking is healthy and admirable Confusedmile:

nothing will get you in a better place than owing up to the things that make you you..

the place you grew up in, the place you're currently living...all make parts for the whole that is you..

I'm glad you found a happy place in your life.

And you look nice, btw Confusedmile:

I don't identify myself with a town, a city a state or a country. Not where I lived (definitely!!!) or live, maybe in the future, but I have very strong doubt, some people doesn't have a place in the world.
So I don't understand at all, but I'm happy for you if you realized that you have a good feeling about your origins.