Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It smells?... Seriously??!
Just douche well

Some people will tell you to douche, and others will say not to do it, because, in the long run, it's not very good for your health and can be harmful to the inner lining of your intestinal tract, making more sensitive to infections.

There's a milder form of douching, it would seem, which involves a syringe rather than a nozzle and tube added to a tap / faucet. But even if you douche, and your rectum is "clean" you're not going to avoid the smell that comes with sex or rubbing in and out of there. The added smell of condoms can be unpleasant.

The best advice I could give you, if odours are unpleasant to you, is to make sure you are both clean. Have sex in the shower, why not? The water running will avoid the risk of there being a strong smell. If not, make sure you are both quite clean and maybe you could wear a scent that you both like. I know my boyfriend often puts on a scent that I find particularly nice on him... a mixture of vanilla and orange... it's very sexy.

You can try massage oil with some drops of plant extracts like sandal wood, geranium, rose, or whatever you like, but avoid the contact of the oil with a condom, of course...

The problem is, whatever you do, bodies in heat will make a smell, and there's very little you can do about it. Sexual activity is smelly, not necessarily a strong smell, but some smell, and anal sex can make a smell too.

I think you should not be put off by it, but learn to accept it as part of the condition... a bit like people who have to change a baby's nappies or diapers have to learn to accept the smell. That's an even worse situation to imagine, isn't it? But mums and dads deal with it daily with an infant. If they can do it, so can you. After all we're not talking about men who are covered in feces, are we? I suppose we are talking about men who are taking care of their bodies and bodily odours. I'm sure you'll find that many gay men are cleaner than straight ones, in that respect.

One more tip, wash after sex... and you won't remember smelling... and ought not to go out in the street smelling either.

After my first 2 experiences with anal sex, this ceased to be a problem. As I have posted before on similar threads, being competent at anal sex involves developing muscle control. Specifically, control of the two sphincters of the anus. There is the first sphincter (the "rose bud") which is the entrance to the anus. The second sphincter is ~4 to 6 inches inside the anus; control of this sphincter allows one to prevent "shit in the dick" and unpleasant smells. The only real way to learn to control these muscles is practice. Some people get it right off, while others take a lot more practice.
Remember, practice makes perfect!
~Beaux

i've had anal sex without any involvement of fecal smells at all. it's called PREPARATION. you clean and wash yourself out before engaging in it. Steve already covered douching.

then on the other hand, some guys do have consistent problems (and accidents can happen no matter how carefully you prepare), but it doesn't really bother me that much when i'm topping. i mean, i know there's a possibility of that before i engage in anal. so it's not like i don't know what to do. and i know where my limits are.

both partners need to be aware of the intricacies of this issue and use their common sense. when a bottom feels that he might have a problem, the best thing to do is to just excuse yourself for a while and go take care of it. it might take some time to continue with sex, but you should be aware of all this already before sex! in any case he should take care of it before the fact, but that doesn't always guarantee stuff can't happen during sex at all. and the top needs to know what is acceptable and what is not acceptable for him. if something happens that crosses your limits you need to speak up, and you need to know your limits and solutions to problems BEFOREHAND. this is a two-way street, not solely an issue resting on the bottom guy. and if any indication of any smell is absolutely intolerable to you then you're being too picky.

and most important, communication during sex is paramount.

Basically, verysimple, I think it's all in your head. Don't overimagine things too much.

Beaux Wrote:After my first 2 experiences with anal sex, this ceased to be a problem. As I have posted before on similar threads, being competent at anal sex involves developing muscle control. Specifically, control of the two sphincters of the anus. There is the first sphincter (the "rose bud") which is the entrance to the anus. The second sphincter is ~4 to 6 inches inside the anus; control of this sphincter allows one to prevent "shit in the dick" and unpleasant smells. The only real way to learn to control these muscles is practice. Some people get it right off, while others take a lot more practice.
Remember, practice makes perfect!
~Beaux

Beaux, are you sure about the positioning of that second sphincter??? 4 to 6 inches inside the anus it would be a pretty big sphincter... (10 to 15 centimetres) The second sphincter that can cause hurting upon penetration, the involuntary one, is much closer to the first one than you are saying.
Not sure which sphincter you are referring to.

I'm glad I came across this thead. I was curious about this as well. I've never engaged in anal play of any sort, but I suspect I will in order to know if I like it or not. I was curious if guys actually did anything to clean the inside. I just soap up the hands and clean the best I can. Obviously this does nothing to clean the inner ass.

reaper Wrote:I'm glad I came across this thead. I was curious about this as well. I've never engaged in anal play of any sort, but I suspect I will in order to know if I like it or not. I was curious if guys actually did anything to clean the inside. I just soap up the hands and clean the best I can. Obviously this does nothing to clean the inner ass.

As it happens, you'll find out that the rectum, just inside, generally stays free of fecal matter... that is if you're not in dire need to take a crap. So cleaning out your opening with soap ought to do the trick...

princealbertofb Wrote:As it happens, you'll find out that the rectum, just inside, generally stays free of fecal matter... that is if you're not in dire need to take a crap. So cleaning out your opening with soap ought to do the trick...

Good to know, this was a concern.