Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It went horribly wrong
There is no contention that the forum is only this or only that. The fact that meaningful and life-changing interactions ARE yet happening on gay forums is a fact, be it more or less frequent.

My observation that this forum has low attendance and sparse posting is an empirical one. Many times when I am posting, whether night or day, there will be only four or five logged-in members displayed on the homepage. For an international forum, that is a truly low number. The sparse posting speaks for itself. Threads move along at roughly the pace of Hawaiian lava. I've yet to see any thread take on an energetic back-and-forth commonly seen on other websites with forums. And yes, I do compare with other current and active forums for my impression.

Honestly, it is hard to think as slowly as the pace and graphics and software here require.

Hardheaded1 Wrote:....
This forum already suffers from low attendance and sparse posting. It really doesn't need one more reason for newcomers to stay away.

CCRox Wrote:This forum is much more than what you propose to prioritize though I do agree with the premise. I was not aware of any low attendance and sparse posting however. Do you base that observation on your experience elsewhere?

Hardheaded1 Wrote:There is no contention that the forum is only this or only that. The fact that meaningful and life-changing interactions ARE yet happening on gay forums is a fact, be it more or less frequent.

My observation that this forum has low attendance and sparse posting is an empirical one. Many times when I am posting, whether night or day, there will be only four or five logged-in members displayed on the homepage. For an international forum, that is a truly low number. The sparse posting speaks for itself. Threads move along at roughly the pace of Hawaiian lava. I've yet to see any thread take on an energetic back-and-forth commonly seen on other websites with forums. And yes, I do compare with other current and active forums for my impression.

Honestly, it is hard to think as slowly as the pace and graphics and software here require.

This is way off the topic. The OP has been beaten to death. This quoted discussion is valid in its own right and deserves the light of a separate thread if continued.

Agreed. Let it die.