Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its happening.
For those of you who don't know yet, I am in the process of coming out to my family. On new years eve i came out to my own mother and today my sister found out.

Both have been positive. Though my mother continues to say " I would love to see you with a woman, But your choice is your choice." Its not the response i wanted to hear because she believes its a choice. but she isn't condemning me or disowning me, so i will say this is positive. My sister is fine with it and says she knew She once rummaged through my sketch books and stumbled onto a couple----in appropriate drawings...

Big Grin

LOL

Needless to say this is a freeing experiance, i'll keep you guys posted as i selectively come out to my family members. My dad doesnt know yet, but mom is worried he'll explode.

Awesome!

Strategize with your Mom and sister on how to best tell your Dad. Your Mom will know how to handle it.

Its good to hear you have positive people in your life during the tough road your on
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Amazing Smile

Congrats Rod. Glad this is all going well so far.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Love positive stories like this, it is such a good feeling to be able to be open. Congrats Rod Smile

Well done [MENTION=23049]Rod[/MENTION]. My Mum and sister were the same, my sister outright accepted it, and my Mum mostly accepted it at first, with a hope it was a phase. However over time she came to realise it wasn't a phase kind of thing and I think it was when she saw me happily with my ex that she fully accepted this was real. A couple of years ago she ended up saying she was pleased to have a gay son Big Grin Also, same with Dad - my Mum said we could never tell him as he'd have a heart attack (he was always very derogative towards gay people when I was growing up). However one day she just told him and he was fine about it. I don't have the greatest relationship with my Dad (none of my family really do for good reason) but it was still great that he wasn't bothered. I hope your Dad is accepting too. Let us know how you get on Smile
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Ah, a happy story to start the day. Very pleased for you. Good luck with the rest of the family.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Rod Wrote:My sister is fine with it and says she knew She once rummaged through my sketch books and stumbled onto a couple----in appropriate drawings...

What was so explicit about your drawings?

[Image: 926893fd93498caf701b720a7c067b32.jpg]

[Image: 34bf415b224cfdd149ccf33228efe0d4.jpg]

[Image: 7c34b031d7cb2c2786fca09dbc2d40a2.jpg]

Nevermind....

Rod Wrote:My dad doesnt know yet, but mom is worried he'll explode.

Your dad wood certainly "explode" if he saw your drawings. .

Yeah, best of luck, coming out to family is never an easy task Wink

Congratulations ��