Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK Rowling reveals Potter character is gay
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/jkrowling.jpg[/img2]Harry Potter author JK Rowling has outed the Headmaster of Hogwarts school.

At a fan event in New York, she revealed that Albus Dumbledore is gay.

Her shock announcement was greeted by applause and gasps of amazement from her audience.

The most successful author of modern times described her seven-book saga as a "prolonged argument for tolerance."

Dumbledore, who was a significant character in all the Potter books, "was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards.

"Falling in love can blind us to an extent," she said, according to AP.

She went on to say that he was: "horribly, terribly let down."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Ok, I've never read the books and only seen the first film... but why has it come as a surprise to people.. wouldn't it have been made more obvious in the books?

????????

how strange!!!
that's nice isnt it? =P

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Ok, I've never read the books and only seen the first film... but why has it come as a surprise to people.. wouldn't it have been made more obvious in the books?

mm, no, i read the seven books and that never even crossed my mind... =S

maybe she just thought, "shit, nobody is gay in my potter books...... ummmmm.... dumbledore, yeah, lets say dumbledore was gay." lol

xD I agree with you Cake.. I see a publicity stunt...

roflmao I just told my mum and she knew he was b4 me. I think its no big deal really. I think more tv shows and books should have gay ppl in because i think its a good idea to help peoples tollerance making it a perfectly normal thing that gay people exist rather then in the piss taking attention drawn to us when people want to take the mick.

Makes kids feel gay is normal like hetro, especially if shown in characters and not having such a big deal made out of it.

I hope that makes sense like it does in my head.

Ka-ching!!!

I don't think the Rowling does something just for publicity. Okay, that could be strectching it. However I think that she has based Dumbledore's character around his homosexuality from the start.

maybe he is gay, but what does it matter? the books are done now