Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake's forced vacation - Goodbye from him for now
Hi everyone, this is a very worried and stressed husband writing to you all. Yesterday around 3 am, I had to rush Jake to the hospital because he was in an excruciating pain from his lower down abdomen. I know he has been complaining before about the pain, but you don't know the dude. He will never see anything as being a problem until it gets real bad.

Just yesterday, I read that post he wrote to PIX where he mentioned to have had a mild stroke at 32 due to diabetes. This is all true, but it wasn't mild, if I didn't hear something fall on the floor that day, he was a goner at 32 years. Since then, I have been looking after him, forcing him to rest, forcing him to tell me when something is wrong, make sure he goes for is health control every month, because Jake got diabetes from hypoglycemia that he had been suffering since he was 11 years old. With hypoglycemia, he has been managing pretty well, since the best cure to control hypoglycemia is to properly eat. Already, Jake isn't a bad eater, he cannot stand or digest fast food, he doesn't eat dessert NEVER, he doesn't drink soft drink, he hates chips. You know all the things that we find good, he just hates it. He drinks alcohol, however, I got him to slow down because alcohol and people who suffer from sugar related issue is a very very bad mix.

Anyway, anyone here who suffers hypoglycemia or diabetes type 1 or 2 would know what I mean. I believe that the pain he describes he directly related to his kidney - not failing per se, but I know for a fact that it's coming from there. Jake has been feeling up and down for a few years now and I'm starting to really really get worried, the stress, and all those activities he does, even writing in this forum will tire him up. I have spoken with Jake this morning, he's doing well, but on painkillers and that stresses him even more because Jake hates everything about drugs , of course, if he would consider to stepping down as CEO, to my surprise he said yes. Now, I'm even more worried, FUCK this guy would say NO to everything and mostly to that. So I am going to have to announce today to all investors, board members, employees that Jake is stepping down as CEO of the company he built.

So anyway, this part is something I have to deal with. Jake will not be writing in this forum until I feel he feels better. Those happy about the news, start celebrating, those who are not, thanks for your understanding. I want to remove everything that can create stress and damage his health even more. At least for the moment.

The only thing I ask of those who care here. I have to be in hospital for my work, I want Jake not get involved in any discussions, I cannot block him from logging in, but I do not want him to get involved in any posts, comments. If I could block the access I would but Jake is the IT genius and I'm the dumb blonde in this case. Please, if you see a post from him just write a simple message to recall him what I have asked him. As simple as that.

I don't want him to self-delete his account as there's no point doing this, he can always recreate a new one the next day. And asking Andy to block IP access will do absolutely nothing, Jake knows how to go around IP blockage. What I'm doing isn't controlling him. He's 38, soon 40, has been sick for years with sugar related problems, he had a stroke at 32. He's my husband, we have kids and they are not ready to see him getting worse and neither am I

Thanks a lot to all of you. I may come and say hi sometimes. But right now, I just feel like crying, I'm tired and I also need some rest.

Alex.

Alex Wrote:Hi everyone, this is a very worried and stressed husband writing to you all. Yesterday around 3 am, I had to rush Jake to the hospital because he was in an excruciating pain from his lower down abdomen. I know he has been complaining before about the pain, but you don't know the dude. He will never see anything as being a problem until it gets real bad.

Just yesterday, I read that post he wrote to PIX where he mentioned to have had a mild stroke at 32 due to diabetes. This is all true, but it wasn't mild, if I didn't hear something fall on the floor that day, he was a goner at 32 years. Since then, I have been looking after him, forcing him to rest, forcing him to tell me when something is wrong, make sure he goes for is health control every month, because Jake got diabetes from hypoglycemia that he had been suffering since he was 11 years old. With hypoglycemia, he has been managing pretty well, since the best cure to control hypoglycemia is to properly eat. Already, Jake isn't a bad eater, he cannot stand or digest fast food, he doesn't eat dessert NEVER, he doesn't drink soft drink, he hates chips. You know all the things that we find good, he just hates it. He drinks alcohol, however, I got him to slow down because alcohol and people who suffer from sugar related issue is a very very bad mix.

Anyway, anyone here who suffers hypoglycemia or diabetes type 1 or 2 would know what I mean. I believe that the pain he describes he directly related to his kidney - not failing per se, but I know for a fact that it's coming from there. Jake has been feeling up and down for a few years now and I'm starting to really really get worried, the stress, and all those activities he does, even writing in this forum will tire him up. I have spoken with Jake this morning, he's doing well, but on painkillers and that stresses him even more because Jake hates everything about drugs , of course, if he would consider to stepping down as CEO, to my surprise he said yes. Now, I'm even more worried, FUCK this guy would say NO to everything and mostly to that. So I am going to have to announce today to all investors, board members, employees that Jake is stepping down as CEO of the company he built.

So anyway, this part is something I have to deal with. Jake will not be writing in this forum until I feel he feels better. Those happy about the news, start celebrating, those who are not, thanks for your understanding. I want to remove everything that can create stress and damage his health even more. At least for the moment.

The only thing I ask of those who care here. I have to be in hospital for my work, I want Jake not get involved in any discussions, I cannot block him from logging in, but I do not want him to get involved in any posts, comments. If I could block the access I would but Jake is the IT genius and I'm the dumb blonde in this case. Please, if you see a post from him just write a simple message to recall him what I have asked him. As simple as that.

I don't want him to self-delete his account as there's no point doing this, he can always recreate a new one the next day. And asking Andy to block IP access will do absolutely nothing, Jake knows how to go around IP blockage. What I'm doing isn't controlling him. He's 38, soon 40, has been sick for years with sugar related problems, he had a stroke at 32. He's my husband, we have kids and they are not ready to see him getting worse and neither am I

Thanks a lot to all of you. I may come and say hi sometimes. But right now, I just feel like crying, I'm tired and I also need some rest.

Alex.

Don't worry Alex. Jake will get well soon. I look forward to his speedy recovery.
Meanwhile, take care of yourself too, Alex. I hope you will feel better.
You have to be strong to take care of both Jake and your children because they need you.
All will be well.

wtf?
fare well friends!
Maybe its ketoacidosis?
Try to visit when ya'll can so we can hear from you both! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Take care of yourself and your family, hope to hear from you both in near future, till then all the best. Smile

God speed, quick recovery and hopefully the doctors will find that its not that bad.

This is a wild coincidence. Hypoglycemia is one of the things they are checking Virge for now hes in the hospital.

I hope Jake gets better real soon.

Best of luck, hoping for a speedy recovery.

So very sad to hear... I hope he will get better soon and safe.

StingRay Wrote:This is a wild coincidence. Hypoglycemia is one of the things they are checking Virge for now hes in the hospital.

I hope Jake gets better real soon.

If he suffers from hypoglycemia you and his boyfriend will have to help him control his food intake. Read the labels, change the oil he cooks with, change everything regarding food. Jake has diabetes and anyone who has hypoglycemia may switch to diabetes type 2 mostly. Low blood sugar, is somewhat easy to control - not at first, of course, it's just like for someone going to the Gym and following a balanced diet, however, the consequences are more dire for someone living with hypoglycemia if he skips a meal as oppose to a bodybuilder who decides to have a big mac. Virge will have to be very very very cautious has to what he puts in its mouth. Some food for low blood sugar can be poisonous.

I do hope Virge will get well. Also, if is officially diagnosed with low blood sugar, just know that this also comes with a little friend, if he didn't have it before, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Hypoglycemia is not or more than diabetes, both can get into a coma, both can give confusions, in short they give the very same symptoms. The difference with full blown diabetes as opposed to hypoglycemia with diabetes is that you got to watch both levels, low and high blood sugar, and yes diabetes also bring a new problem called high blood pressure and low blood pressure which is one of the causes why Jake had a stroke at 32.

I've noticed a little bit after his stroke that Jake could not sleep on his back or stay too long on his back, he also cannot just bend in the shower, he immediately gets a dizzy spells that remind him to flex his knees. Anything that created a sudden blood flow up or down will give him dizziness spells. Might want to watch that for Virge because that's another hidden symptom of Hypoglycemia. In short, Stingray, both diseases is very related, one is more damageable, while the other is very dangerous as well but not as quick.

In the case of Jake, his kidney is the culprit, just got the result, and now it's surgery time. Better get that fix right now. So I'm signing him up for surgery.

Best wishes to and for the both of you.