Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jakeward (Twilight warning)
While on YT I accidentally discovered Jakeward slash, of Jacob the werewolf & Edward the vampire hot for each other instead of fighting over Bella. I can't find the vid I saw so I'll just share this one in case anyone wants to join the females in ogling them:

Now moving on, I looked this up and this is the first Jakeward slash I've ever read...sample:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8954988/1/Perfect-sunrise

Quote:Driving towards Santa Cruz on the highway with Jake by my side was pure heaven. This stretch of the road meandered near the sea. The view of the Pacific Ocean below us was breathtaking, but not as enticing as the man by my side. The wind ruffled his hair as he talked nonstop, nudging my elbow when I didn't pay enough attention.

"So, where will we go?" he said, glancing up at the cloudy sky. "Been two hours since we left San Francisco."

"We'll drive down the California coast searching for her," I said a bit guiltily, because I had forgotten to call Alice and ask her if she had another vision.

"It's going to be good." Jacob stretched his arms and yawned widely, glancing at me. "You look good in your Ramones t-shirt."

"Thanks, Jacob, you didn't have to buy it."

"Least I could do to show my appreciation," he said, worrying his bottom lip. "Gotta say you're not the guy I thought you were. You're fun and not stuffy at all."

I scowled, but when he beamed at me I decided to let sleeping wolves lie.

"We don't have Bella to fight over." I simply shrugged. "I guess you haven't seen this side of me."

"Glad I got to know you better," he said, his hand touching my shoulder as his warm fingers brushed against my arm.

"And you're not all defensive and growling at me, Jacob."

"You want me to growl at you, huh?" he said, smacking my shoulder playfully. "Want me to be the big bad wolf?"

I shook my head, unobtrusively raising my knee to hide my bulge as Jacob smirked and leaned closer. I sat up on the seat and leaned towards him but the wolf just licked my ear shell and whispered, "Let's go to the beach!"

Glaring at Jake's teasing, I floored the gas pedal and the car sped towards the stretch of deserted beach. The day was windy and cold which meant few people were about.

Jacob took off his plaid shirt and bent down to untie his shoelaces, taking off his sneakers. Then he dashed out of the car, padding on the asphalt before running towards the ocean. I just sat on the car for a while, enjoying the play of muscles as he pumped his arms up and down, his russet skin contrasting nicely against his white undershirt.

Jacob's carefree ways buoyed me up; I was free of my usual worries and brooding thoughts about a future with Bella. Instead, I basked in the warmth of the sun by my side, relentlessly drawn to the man running on the beach, his jeans and undershirt completely soaked by now. I hitched my breath at the sight of the sculpted torso and abdomen I had often glimpsed.

Jacob started doing somersaults over the waves, whooping with laughter.

Smiling widely, I took off my shoes and socks and then got out of the car, glancing at a passerby before I strolled onto the beach. Once I reached his side, the playful wolf saw his chance and pounced on me with a smirk on his handsome face, both of us falling onto the sand

I suppose some girls might like to see 2 guys who had been fighting over the reader, er Bella, overcoming their mutual jealousy for each other (though I think many would feel threatened), but then this happened:

Quote:"It makes me jealous, ok?" Jacob shivered while a tear rolled down his cheek. "I'm afraid I'll lose you when we find Bella. You'll go back to her, or someone pretty will show up and you will forget me."

I grabbed his shoulder, grappling and tussling with Jacob until I was atop him. My fingers lingered on his smooth cheek as I said, "You are very special and dear to me. I won't lose interest in you, Jacob. I want to find Bella to make sure she is all right, but I am not ever going back to her."

"I thought you two loved each other very much."

"Bella is like that guy's girlfriend," I said slowly. "She never shared my joys or cared to find out I like the Ramones."

"She was always babbling about you," he said.

"About what I felt for her, not what she did for me. Bella wouldn't have the thoughtful gesture of giving me this." I fingered the hem of my wet t-shirt.

Jake laid his fingers on my cheek. "Will you really leave her?"

"Trust me, I will." I pointed down to him, and then to my chest. "Even if we don't stay together, I'm not going back to her."

"Sorry I doubted you, Edward. I just…" I leaned down and kissed Jacob, interrupting his unnecessary apology. My tongue brushed his lips until he opened them and then slid home. Jacob writhed under me, wrapping his legs around me and shoving me around so he ended on top of me. The cold waves crashed against us as Jacob's warmth enveloped me, my personal sunrise.

"Will you stay with me?" he said, breaking up the kiss.

"I won't give up the joy I feel when I'm with you." I gazed up at his beautiful face which was framed by drops of water, his brow crowned with sea foam churned by the waves breaking around us.

At this point I had a sudden vision of girls and women (sometimes mothers & daughters together) rioting in the street setting fires to their neighborhoods. Rofl

Ah well, enjoy it like so many Twi-Moms and tweens do the actual books or just have a laugh like me, your choice. Wink

This sort of illustrates what I imagined happening as this brand new fic became well known:

I also wanted to add that I'm thinking...very, very cautiously....of reading Twilight again to see if I'm right that this fanfic is better written than the actual book. :tongue:

This is hilarious.

Funny indeed, with that said, i <3 twilight, that its all. Lol

René Girard said that triangular relationships reflect the mimetic desire between competing men, in such an interpretation it is only natural to read the female object as almost irrelevant to the relationship dynamics. The triangle becomes more about the conflict between the male subjects rather than the woman's dilemma of choice (a rather recent development in the history of love triangles in literature). One can expand on this through the ideas of Eve Sedgwick, who posits that homosocial desire, that is the privileging of male-male interaction over female-male interaction in the social world, can be fluid with homosexual desire. Sedgwick and Girard together tell us that love triangles are potentially fraught with homoerotic undertones, the fandom is just picking up on these sentiments more intuitively :p.