Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting Iceland and England - Travel Advice / Anybody want to meet?
Hi!

I'll be visiting Iceland April 10-12. Looking for travel advice on what to do, any cool gay attractions or events, and anybody who'd like to meet up to chat and show me around?

I'll be arriving in London on April 12 evening - and I'll be in the area for probably a week. I am planning on driving to Manchester as well. The same goes for the above: anybody have advice or want to meet? Thanks!

-Adam

Iceland is supposed to be very safe and gay-friendly, I would suggest looking for clubs in Reykjavik. All LGBT-related things aside, you could go on a golden circle tour, which basically a bus tour that brings you around for a day outside the capital. I don't really know anything about England, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Safe travels!

Hey there. :-) What airport are you landing in in London? If it is Gatwick, City or Heathrow do try and get your hands on a sat-nav thingy for travel. :-) London is busy to drive through, though I am sure you know that.

London has some great museums and you don't have to pay for a ticket in most of them. My favourite are British Museum and National Gallery. Soho is a gay area, you'll find it easily. It's in the city. There is a lot to see. Depends on what are you interested in.

I'm interested in seeing everything - hah. I've never traveled outside of the US (Well..Canada and Mexico, but those don't count right? Tongue)

This trip is starting in Iceland and England to get my footing, then I plan on hitting some countries in Europe and finishing by a tour of southeast Asia.

I don't really want to do all the touristy things. I am using this trip as a way to reflect on my life and find myself and engulf myself in other cultures. I'd love to get local's opinions, advice, and assistance along the way Smile

I guess you have to look for Trip Advisor...or any good blogs Smile

Would help you a lot..