Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JeremyST from UK - looking for friends and advice
Hello guys. Jeremy here... I am an East Asian and moved into the UK all alone just about 1.5 years ago for my career. I already noticed a huge difference in terms of culture... and it doesn't even help that I moved to a very rural area here. Not very much social activity, let alone for gay friends. I need to travel to the nearby cities just so I could socialize. And even by doing so, I don't really meet a lot of people.

I don't drive (but I'm working on it), and have joined various meetup groups. But because they are not very accessible from where I am, this is where I turn to at the moment.

To be honest, the reason I joined here is to get a perspective (answers to questions / advice) from Western gay men about certain dating behaviors here. So I hope I will not annoy anyone with seemingly basic questions later on.

Living in a rural area and not driving is a bit of a nightmare, have done so for nearly 28 years, moving into a bigger town this month which will make things a lot easier.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here Welcome

Thanks Cridders! I am contemplating on moving to the nearest city. But obviously need to evaluate my expenses. I hope before the year ends I will have scheduled my driving test.

Welcome Jerrmy. I live out in a rural(ish) area too - but by choice (prefer it to the city). Look forward to seeing you on the forum Smile

Well as a city dweller born and bred I look down on all you Yokels with suspicion and thinly veiled contempt.

That said, welcome to the forum Jeremy.

Welcome on board Smile I am half Asian too

hello [MENTION=23788]jeremyst[/MENTION] .. i would be glad to be your friend .. dont forget to @ me once in a while ..

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hello, [MENTION=23788]jeremyst[/MENTION], and Welcome to GaySpeak. Since you have not mentioned where you moved, what rural part of the UK are you in (county, near which bigger towns or cities?) ? What country are you originally from?

jeremyst Wrote:To be honest, the reason I joined here is to get a perspective (answers to questions / advice) from Western gay men about certain dating behaviors here. So I hope I will not annoy anyone with seemingly basic questions later on.

First of all a very warm welcome Jeremy to GS.

No one should consider your questions however basic, annoying, so ask away. Enjoy your stay here, you'll find that we're a friendly bunch.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams