Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Carter on same sex marriage
For those of you interested

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/highlig...576f000076
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Jimmy Carter is the President whom I admire and respect the most..heads above everyone else. I think he is fair minded and decent....

good for him to speak out...I for one thank him - on a side note ...I was reading a trivia book and when he was in office Jimmy Carter could speed read and was tested at 95% accuracy for 2000 words per minute

Carter has been criticized as a president by some, but I honestly admire him as a gentleman. He seems to speak honestly and clearly and without pretense. It is hard not to admire his continuing contributions at age 90.
I bid NO Trump!

Jimmy Carter Wrote:I don't see that gay marriage damages anyone else.

well said, Mr. Carter.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I just found out that Jimmy Carter has cancer that has spread from his liver. They say they will operate...but I know once it has spread the prognosis isn't very good.....

When he dies..it will probably be the only time I cry and will mourn for a President...so now I will know how the people who loved JFK...or Reagan....felt when a President they loved died...

My friend who told me today about Carter...she also speculated that we each get to love one President in our lifetime..and since she loves Obama..and I loved Carter...she predicted that we were both done ...

I don't know why...but I think she is right. President Carter is the only man who I have loved that has held the office of President...and I don't see it happening again.

I really hope that they can do something for him..I feel alot better knowing he is in the world. I am a sucker for a brilliant Humanitarian..they are hard to come by. We need more of them...not less.

Thanks, Mr President.

East Wrote:I just found out that Jimmy Carter has cancer that has spread from his liver. They say they will operate...but I know once it has spread the prognosis isn't very good.....

When he dies..it will probably be the only time I cry and will mourn for a President...so now I will know how the people who loved JFK...or Reagan....felt when a President they loved died...

My friend who told me today about Carter...she also speculated that we each get to love one President in our lifetime..and since she loves Obama..and I loved Carter...she predicted that we were both done ...

I don't know why...but I think she is right. President Carter is the only man who I have loved that has held the office of President...and I don't see it happening again.

I really hope that they can do something for him..I feel alot better knowing he is in the world. I am a sucker for a brilliant Humanitarian..they are hard to come by. We need more of them...not less.

This deserves more than just a "Thanks", it deserves a Bighug and I just wish there were an even bigger one.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:This deserves more than just a "Thanks", it deserves a Bighug and I just wish there were an even bigger one.

Well...let's hope that the positive energy can translate into Mr Cater getting well. I hate to say this out loud..and it may be the only time anyone will hear me say it out loud...but I will be praying for him.....either to make him well...or to not let him suffer if that isn't possible....