Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joan Rivers has passed away
A great line I heard her use about some woman...

"she's had more hands up her dress than Miss Piggy."

Rip Joan Rivers & Robin Williams, two of my favorite comedians growing up.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I also had mixed views of her. Sometimes she was very funny, other times she was not. The fashion police crap was a mess and not at all funny, although it was not offensive. If you're a celebrity walking the red carpet, you've purposely put yourself out there for the purpose to be seen and noticed, so you have to be open to criticism.

She was just great, funny and a good person from what I gathered from people who knew her. She'll be missed. We have lost two important comedians this year. I hope we'll get a break until next year. Let some politician die a little, may I suggest George Bush Senior and Junior Smile Yeah, I know it's not right to wish people to die, but those two I won't miss them, not even a bit.

I liked her style. She didn't hesitate or mince words. If you were going to throw down with Joan you'd best be ready to hear exactly what she thought with plenty of zingers thrown in to qualify everything she said and make it deadly funny.

I told Mark earlier, "At least she was under anesthesia. Most likely she never even knew what happened."

R.I.P.
Joan Rivers

EDIT:
Quote:The outpatient clinic (Yorkville Endoscopy Clinic) is now being investigated by the New York State Department of Health, spokesman James O'Hara said.
I'd imagine there will be a legal investigation as well. Can you say malpractice?

I was told last night about all the great things Joan did for the Gay Rodeo Associations when they were starting up way back in the 1980s.

http://www.igra.com/

On what she wants for her own funeral

“When I die, I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action…I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don’t want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don’t want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing “Mr. Lonely.” I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyoncé’s.”

I hope she gets it!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams