Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job Interview!!!
Hello everyone.

So i'll be brief, i have an interview in the new year for my dream job.
So my question is, does anyone have any tips or advice for it? It's a telephone interview and i've not done one before, so i'm quite worried about it, especially as it's for the job and organisation i've pretty much set my heart on.

Hope some of you can help :-D

Thanks

I've never done a telephone interview before, but I guess it's worth some of the same precautions as required in a face-to-face interview. Find out about the company, find out about what you think the job involves, think hard about why you want the job and what you can offer them and get your man to have a little practice interview with you, so you know that you can answer some of those sorts of questions with some confidence. Based on your research it might pay to have one or two intelligent questions ready to ask if given the opportunity.

Congratulations and good luck!

As a supervisor who is learning how to conduct interviews, here are some things that should help.

Be Confident - the employer wants to know that even if you don't have the knowledge that you are confident that you can do the job.

Use examples - pretty well speaks for itself. If they ask you about previous skills and experiences, be clear with your examples.

The store manager gave me a really good tool to use when it comes to interviews. Its called P.A.R.(E) - Problem, Action, Result, (examples). Basically, the employer will present a situation, you must identify the problem, figure out the course of action, what the end result should be, and use examples to get your point across.

And if at the end they ask if you have any questions, ask questions, thats why they offer.

Anyway, I have no idea what they will do over the phone with you, but at least this should give you a little more information.

sending you a link in PM which has some tips you might find of use Confusedmile:

I wish I could Jwm,

anything I say you'll have mostly heard before - looking good, smelling good, being prepared, having interesting things to say. Charm goes a long way too, people don't just want robots when you're going for second tier jobs.

A lot of the interviews I've done in the last few years employ psychometric testing (psychological profiling) and ask some rather bizarre questions as a result, so it may be worth preparing for that.

Other than that, get plenty of sleep, prepare, then just play the game; it's what job interviews are all about.

All good advice, the only thing I would add is you should try and work out what the interviewer is hoping to hear i.e. what their ideal candidate is like. That way you can work out the best light to paint yourself in, or at least that's the theory.

Also why is it a telephone interview? Is it just for practical reasons or is the use of the telephone a major part of the job?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

practise what your going to say befor hand. Imagine what will be asked, and try to answer them. as it is mostly talking a listning you want to have good puncistaion* if that how you spell it. speak clearly and be confident! plan a head!!