Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job
Cardy,

Sox has pretty much given you all the advice I would, so I shall spare you repetition. It is good advice and I suggest you take it.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:i hate having to sell the store credit card, something which i find morally abhorrent (especially given we're in the middle of a CREDIT CRUNCH!!).

What's morally abhorrent about credit cards and why is it worse when there is a credit shortage?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

It's not the concept of credit cards i have a problem with so much as the fact i'm required to ask every customer AT LEAST once if they'll take one. They tell us not to hard sell, but the training we get is basically 'how to hard sell without using such ugly terminology'. What sucks even more is that i'm good at selling stuff and get more of them than most...

It's horrible, basically asking people who just want to do thier shopping what's in their purse and would they like some debt.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:... It's horrible, basically asking people who just want to do thier shopping what's in their purse and would they like some debt.
From the customer side, yes it is irritating, but it's easy enough to say, "No thank you."

Worse, in my opinion, is the sales assistant who asks for my name, address, phone number and e-mail address when all I want to do is pay cash for the battery I've bought and get out of the shop ... AND worse than that even, they get all hurt and act like they're not going to sell to me when I ask why they want all this personal detail. :mad:

Nothing like customer service indeed!