Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs, bosses and homosexuality.
I don't know how things are in Latvia with this sort of issue, but it is fairly universal that if you want your job, you work hard and do the best job you can for the company. It may be that if you do that your boss will leave you alone.
I bid NO Trump!

I work for a company that my Dad owns. He knows about me and we have worked through it on a personal level. Professionally, it is never an issue.
I am in human resources, where the company employees would never dare say anything to my face, but I hear things behind my back from guys who think they are too manly to approve of anyone who is not 100% straight. Mostly, I try to let it not bother me because I just consider the source, but sometimes it hurts when the gossip behind my back is from people I liked and respected. People are always going to talk.

Well...I will share this with you...I had a boss who came off very arrogant and was very handsome to say the least. A lot of women would come up to the department just to gawk at him because he also had a hot body. He was extremely masculine which made us bump heads at the beginning. To make a long story short...far beyond my expectations ...this mean guy wound up being my partner in my personal life for a little over five years in a very discreet relationship. He was a great influence in my life and I learned so many wonderful things from him...no one knew during the first three years of the relationship...but later on...the chairman of the company found out but kept it a secret because he liked us both. I also gotten a lot of career opportunities from that relationship as well. Go figure!!!...I remember telling him numerous times that I would have never imagined in a thousand years that he and I would be in a committed relationship yet alone friends because I did not like him at all...lol

JohnSomebody Wrote:Well...I will share this with you...I had a boss who came off very arrogant and was very handsome to say the least. A lot of women would come up to the department just to gawk at him because he also had a hot body. He was extremely masculine which made us bump heads at the beginning. To make a long story short...far beyond my expectations ...this mean guy wound up being my partner in my personal life for a little over five years in a very discreet relationship. He was a great influence in my life and I learned so many wonderful things from him...no one knew during the first three years of the relationship...but later on...the chairman of the company found out but kept it a secret because he liked us both. I also gotten a lot of career opportunities from that relationship as well. Go figure!!!...I remember telling him numerous times that I would have never imagined in a thousand years that he and I would be in a committed relationship yet alone friends because I did not like him at all...lol

I'm really happy for you, though this definitely won't be my situation, my boss is way too old and ugly for meBig Grin

Davis Wrote:Did it affect your job in any way?

i am involved with several entertainment venues, and some of the owners/managers of those clubs know about me, others don't (or if they know they haven't made a subject out of it. it's not like i hide it, i just don't talk to people who are not involved in my private life about my private life).

it hasn't affected my job. in fact, in one of the places i recently came out to the manager there. he had talked to me on the girlfriend topic a few times before, but i always just told him i was single and not interested. but recently we were in the office and he told one of the girls there to show him some tit. i responded by telling them to get different room for that because i didn't want to lose my vision. so the manager started telling me about finding a girl, etc etc (in that place i'm the only single guy over 30, so the man keeps telling me about settling down/etc). and i just flat out told him i liked men. his reaction was --- ''so, Meridan, you gotta find yourself a man then''. it didn't make even a slightest difference.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Davis Wrote:The company is his private business and he's the main person in here. But well, he hasn't said anything to me ( maybe yet, I don't know) so maybe it'll be ok, maybe not.

maybe you should look into other alternatives, just in case? you might not need it, but you should always have a backup plan if things go wrong.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I'm out at work, my boss don't care, never being an issue and in previous jobs never had issues at all

I came out to everyone at work about 6 months ago, no issue at all with anyone luckily Smile. No-one suspected a thing and was quite surprised by it, but no-one has treated me any different since Smile

I was actually demoted at one job because I am gay. I subsequently left that company. But I avoid letting it out at work due to the state I live in. It's perfectly legal in Texas to fire somebody for being gay. If they find out, I don't worry.

I am disabled now, but in 2007 I lost both of my jobs because of people finding out. The funny thing is I never hid it. People were just blind to it.