Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe Sex!!!
Um well quite embaresing but what are the main tips for safe sex?
Obvoiusly condoms / lube ... for anal

But any thing to reduce risks from giving blowjobs, i.e. in the spit swallow poll? Do any of these options make a diffrence?

Isnt much on the net I can find safe gay sex, or what can be done to reduce risks of cathing STI's HIV through gay sex.

Posted Anonymously as im embaresed like mad asking!

Here are some basics: http://www.gayhealth.com/templates/sex/faq/index.html

I dont think many people use condoms for oral sex.

I am not active right now so dont really follow the most recent thinking but hope you find some help on that site.

p.s. Dont be embarrassed. Better safe & ask than sorry later.

First of all, Anonymous, try not to be embarrassed about asking questions. Far better to find out the sensible way than by bitter experience.

Unless you are in a long-term monogamous relationship with someone and you are both certain you are healthy and infection free you are wise to be extra careful about safer sex practice.

As well as the website mentioned by Frank you might take a look at http://www.gmfa.org.uk/sex/howriskyis/oral-sex which addresses some of your concerns about blowjobs:
"Although the risk of HIV infection is fairly low, some other STIs can be easily passed via oral sex, such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, herpes or syphilis. These risks can be avoided by using a condom for oral sex, although many men prefer to take the risk than taste the rubber. There is a small risk of picking up hepatitis B through oral sex, if you have not been vaccinated. If you have an existing STI in your throat you will be more vulnerable to infection and the chances of picking up HIV or Hep B are increased."

Always ask more questions if anything is not clear.

To be blunt, I take this matter very seriously. I would never commit anal without use of a condom and I am extremely careful when it comes to oral. But I was just wondering can HIV be passed on through kissing? I heard only if you have a cut or something in your mouth.

fjp999 Wrote:I dont think many people use condoms for oral sex.

why would you? :confused:

Part of having sex, for me, is about trust.
Drunken one-night stands are actually horrible. They leave you with nothing but a sore arse :p:

As long as ur carefulk and take ya time during sex being gentle first then working ur way up ur fiond it lowers ya risk as well as u aint rippin skin etc

zeon x

To the best of my knowledge, HIV transmission through kissing would require broken and bleeding skin on the part of at least one partner, and though it's technically a risk, I'm fairly sure that the incidence rate is almost non-existant of transmission in this way.

Ky xx

Woolfe Wrote:To the best of my knowledge, HIV transmission through kissing would require broken and bleeding skin on the part of at least one partner, and though it's technically a risk, I'm fairly sure that the incidence rate is almost non-existant of transmission in this way.

Ky xx
Good answer, Woolfe, except that the incidence of HIV in saliva is pretty low. Apparently you'd need to drink pints of it to have the remotest chance of becoming infected. Saliva also has qualities that reduce the risk still further by somehow disabling the virus.

More info here.

Of course, the same is not true for all diseases. Some might be far more readily passed on through swapping spit.

Did I not just say that? :confused:

xx