Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journals
Does anyone use one? I had a livejournal that I updated regularly for about a year or so, but then deleted it cos I thought I was bored of it or something. Only now I wish I'd kept it cos I like looking at the past and schtuff :frown: I have a new one now but it just isn't the same :tongue:

tapalapadapa Wrote:Does anyone use one? I had a livejournal that I updated regularly for about a year or so, but then deleted it cos I thought I was bored of it or something. Only now I wish I'd kept it cos I like looking at the past and schtuff :frown: I have a new one now but it just isn't the same :tongue:

I have a livejournal. It has entries in there from 2004 onwards. I stopped using it around 2006 and then it has the odd random entry in there for 2007 and 2008. I think at one point I had a post about xmas 2006 on the same page as a post about xmas 2007... just goes to show how much I used it!! Back in the day I'd update it almost twice daily... I just don't have the time or requirement to anymore I guess. Plus I used to enjoy reading others' blogs as they had abilities to write with a flare where as mine sounded like the boring droning on story of "today i did this and then this and then this" etc. etc.

Smurlos Wrote:I have a livejournal. ...Plus I used to enjoy reading others' blogs as they had abilities to write with a flare whereas mine sounded like the boring droning on story of "today i did this and then this and then this" etc. etc.

I hope you won't find me pompous my friend, but I think you mean FLAIR (in French "avoir du Flair means having a nose" for something, ferreting, sensing things to come)
Flare is something else, like a blaze or flared trousers? Very '70s!

flair
noun
1 (often flair for something) a natural ability or talent for something ==> She has a flair for maths.
2 stylishness; elegance ==> He always dresses with flair.
[19c: French, meaning 'sense of smell', from Latin flagrare, altered from fragrare to smell sweet; compare fragrant (see under fragrance).]
flare
verb (flared, flaring)
1 intrans to burn with sudden brightness.
2 intrans to explode into anger.
3 tr & intr to widen towards the edge.
noun
1 a sudden blaze of bright light.
2 a device composed of combustible material that produces a sudden blaze of intense light, and is activated to give warning, emergency illumination (eg on an airfield), or a distress signal (eg at sea).
3 in chemical plants and oil refineries: a device for burning off superfluous combustible gas or oil, in order to ensure its safe disposal.
4 short for solar flare.
5 a a widening out towards the edges ==> sleeves with a wide flare;
b a flared edge.
[16c.]

[Image: GrammarPolice.gif]

Wink

Nah... I don't have a livejournal... or anything of the sort... I just canna be assed lol. I never even managed to keep up with diaries or owt.

Grammar Police haha :biggrin:

TAKE HIM DOWN!! OPEN FIRE!!!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:[Image: GrammarPolice.gif]

Wink

Nah... I don't have a livejournal... or anything of the sort... I just canna be assed lol. I never even managed to keep up with diaries or owt.

LaughLaugh

PoA: I know the meanings, it was a simple case of not thinking while typing Wink

Smurlos Wrote:LaughLaugh

PoA: I know the meanings, it was a simple case of not thinking while typing Wink

You know what they say: mens sana in corpore sano...

but also if the words are rightly used they convey a fuller and better idea.

princealbertofb Wrote:You know what they say: mens sana in corpore sano...

but also if the words are rightly used they convey a fuller and better idea.

This is true, however, errors are a natural occurence, it's not like I thought "i know, i'll type flare instead of flair" Wink That's not to say I don't know the difference between flair and flare. It's the same as when speaking people often say the wrong word because it sounds similar or with the slips of the tongue such as "par cark" instead of "car park" lol... it wasn't intentional Confusedmile: