Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juk
So I chatted to Juk last night on the telephonical device. What a lovely chap. Sexy voice too :O

We discussed time, and we were wondering: does time have a texture?

What do YOU think?

rsconceptions Wrote:What a lovely chap. Sexy voice too :O

:redface: :redface: :redface:

I laways thought you might have a bit of a Stephen Fry voice ^_^

I think time would be bubbly, like mousse...

rsconceptions Wrote:So I chatted to Juk last night on the telephonical device. What a lovely chap. Sexy voice too :O

We discussed time, and we were wondering: does time have a texture?

What do YOU think?
Deppends what you mean my texture?:confused:

But yay for sexy voice!:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Time is nothing but the tracking of the sun during the earths rotation, its a man made concept. I think time started with the tracking of the sun as it moved to different points in the sky, than we created sun dials an saw the shadow move around the dial, than at some point we put numbers on the dial an BAM! we got time.

I think anyway, i got no research to back this up.

it cannot be felt cannot be seen cannot be smelt
it raises mountains and tears them down

but a texture never thought of that before i would say yes

Time... texture .. hm ... the only thing i know :

at the end of the world lies a Glass mountain ... and all thousend years comes a bird. pecks with its beak once into the Glass ... and when the glass has a scratch.... then one second of eternity is gone

no. i talked on the phone to some peple here was lovley voces

TimmyThink Wrote:Time is nothing but the tracking of the sun during the earths rotation, its a man made concept. I think time started with the tracking of the sun as it moved to different points in the sky, than we created sun dials an saw the shadow move around the dial, than at some point we put numbers on the dial an BAM! we got time.

I think anyway, i got no research to back this up.

Time in the sense of units of measurement are human constructs. Yet, time itself has an objective existence, in that our experience of the passage of time can be changed by the speed we are traveling at. I.e. traveling near the speed of light time passes slower relative to objects traveling at a slower speed, yet while you're traveling at the speed of light you would still experience the passage of time the same way. Time as a physical concept exists but we don't completely understand it yet.

fenris Wrote:Time... texture .. hm ... the only thing i know :

at the end of the world lies a Glass mountain ... and all thousend years comes a bird. pecks with its beak once into the Glass ... and when the glass has a scratch.... then one second of eternity is gone

A beautiful tale and concept... bravo for that much poetry, Fenris...Confusedmile: