Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Came Out to Myself
it was one of the most difficult things in my life to acknowledge this to myself.

love yourself for who you are, brother. honesty is a hell of a lot easier to deal with.

there's nothing wrong with you, it's just how you're wired man. peace and kindness to you.

I also would suggest counselling in order to help sort yourself out.

I almost married a girl when I was in my 20s... I finally broke down to her and told her I couldn't be faithful to her, and it sort of flowed from there in the conversation.

fortunately she was cool about it and thanked me frankly for being honest with her and not wasting her time... to this day we are great friends.

sometimes people deserve more credit than I give them.

I just wanted to thank everyone who replyed to my post. First thing I am going to do is make an appointment to speak with my therapist. I have much to share with him and do a lot of self discovery.

Welcome to GS. And welcome to yourself. Smile I was raised in a Catholic household as well. But fortunately for me, my parents were both very liberal and supportive of their offspring. (Growing up in San Francisco probably helped.) It was still somewhat nerve-wracking to come out to them, and it did take them a bit of time to come to grips with it.

It may be that your family won't be that supportive. If so, then you'll need to find the support elsewhere. That's what sites like this are for. Smile

Lex