Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Friends
So I'm quite new to this scene. I'm wondering, how often are two gay people just friends? Like out of all of the homosexual friends you personally have, about what percent of them are people you never did anything (and never have any intention of doing anything) sexual with?

To phrase it differently, is it very common for two gay males to be just friends? Kind of common? Uncommon?

Thanks for your insight.

For me and my friend's group, it's exceptionally common to just be friends. Maybe it's just my personality, but I'm not a bed hopper and I don't make out with people randomly (usually). I've kissed a friend or two, but my group of really close gay friends is off limits--mainly because I think of them as family and have no interest in them sexually or romantically.

In my experience, generally, gay men tend to have a more touchy relationship that what is typical. But, besides hugs, shoulder, chest, and belly rubs, and the occasional goodbye kiss I've never felt inappropriately pressured. I think normal is how you define it.

Great response, Grant. Good insight!

I have a lot of gay friends that were truly just friends...where no sex happened, most of them in fact. I also have a few where at some time it did happen. Never really caused any problems since in the dynamic of our friendships it was just a nsa thing that happened and afterwards we just went on with the friendship as it always had been.

Back in my bed-hopping days, I had a handful of "friends with benefits" arrangements. But to be honest? They were really sex based. Once there was no more sex, the friendship faded away as well.

In my experience, that's what usually happens with friends with benefits.

Because of that? I wouldn't screw any of my friends I considered a more permanent friendship rather than just someone I enjoyed hanging out with and having fun with.