Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a wee thought
If i were to say to you the phrase 'Lasagne pie', how would you react??

It was the only thing left in the bakery today at lunchtime that wasn't dried out bakery stovies so i thought i'd give it a try. Turns out that, like the macaroni pie before it, it's strangely good, in a ridiculously fattening, carbtasatic, feels kinda wrong and dirty way.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:If i were to say to you the phrase 'Lasagne pie', how would you react??

I would react by saying the phrase 'drinking plates'. It can only be simultaneously be both Lasagne and pie if you stretch the meaning of both words to near breaking point.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

lol dundee has stuff like that potato and bean pies, macaronni pies etc... i never had a lasagne pie but i have seen them in grossets. Was it really nice tho?

fredv3b Wrote:I would react by saying the phrase 'drinking plates'. It can only be simultaneously be both Lasagne and pie if you stretch the meaning of both words to near breaking point.

Well you see it is a pie crust which is filled with a lasagne and is thus both and neither. But mostly both.

It sounds horrible in all honesty.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Did you know that pies were originally designed to keep meat and other perishable foods from spoiling for road trips in days gone by? It was clever. The crust on all sides was meant to protect the inside food from the dust and all. Makes sense to me that pies are easier to carry food than other forms of containers (that is, if you take away all the packaging that once didn't exist for convenience). So Lasagne Pie, why not....? Easy way to take home lasagne or eat it on the way.

i have had one, i love them, both different and yummy, traits i enjoy in both offd and people so its a winner all round, but my recent fascination is a (excuse the spelling) fajita pastie, they are also yummy from greggs try i, love it!

I KNEW you'd know/like it!!

Tis such a quintissentially Scottish thing, to enjoy such ridiculously fatty and carb-laden food. Must say i'm not a fan of the Fajita pastie, i'm more of a steak bake kinda guy, i guess. Normally when i'm in Greggs tho i'm feelin poor so tis a cheese savoury or a sausage roll or something....

Sounds interesting Smile Wouldn't eat too many if I were you though.

princealbertofb Wrote:Did you know that pies were originally designed to keep meat and other perishable foods from spoiling for road trips in days gone by? It was clever. The crust on all sides was meant to protect the inside food from the dust and all.

Just curious... guessing there would be lots of dust on the crust so arent you just eating the same dust or were you suppose to remove the crust?