Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how at an advantage am i with my tastes?
So I read on this one blog that gay white men who like gay Asian men are Ridiculously obscure in comparison to the amount of gay Asian men who want a white dude. It seems too good to be true. I wouldn't call myself a rice queen, but I'm definitely a decent looking guy. There's very few Asians where I am, let alone out gay ones... For better or worse that's always what I've been into. But from what I've been hearing, this is something of a rarity and if I lived in San Francisco I would have Asian guys practically flocking to me. I was just curious how accurate this is? Thanks for the help guys.

Coming from the perspective of an asian man? The term "Rice Queen" is offensive as fuck. Just saying.

That said? It's pretty accurate, at east out on the west coast. (Washington, Oregon, California.) There's a whole lot of Asian haters out here... and a whole lot of Asians. *Shrugs* When I was single? It was difficult finding younger guys (under 40) interested in Asians. Over 40? SHITLOAD of them totally in it for the "boy" experience or miss their time overseas in the military and want some kind of 'memory lane' experience.

Oh sorry I wasn't intending to be offensive... It's just in Olympia there doesn't really seem to be ever any like Asian guys hitting on me, and this blog was portraying like white guys as being considerably more attractive to Asians then Asians. And the guy went on to say that even the guys that weren't racist about it didn't want to have anything really long term. I found this sad. It was also pretty intriguing because I've always liked Asian guys, not just on a purely physical level, and I assumed I never even had a chance. Anyways thanks again.

I was just trying to understand the dynamics of it all.

Dragoon Wrote:Oh sorry I wasn't intending to be offensive... It's just in Olympia there doesn't really seem to be ever any like Asian guys hitting on me, and this blog was portraying like white guys as being considerably more attractive to Asians then Asians. And the guy went on to say that even the guys that weren't racist about it didn't want to have anything really long term. I found this sad. It was also pretty intriguing because I've always liked Asian guys, not just on a purely physical level, and I assumed I never even had a chance. Anyways thanks again.

Olympia Washington? You might try Seattle yeah? You need to hit the cities/towns/clubs closer to naval bases.

The reasoning isn't because navy guys are hot for Asians, tho. It's because during the Vietnam War/Korean War/etc, a LOT of Navy guys brought home Asian wives and settled in the areas where they landed. And the west coast has a decent number of major naval bases yeah?

I think in general that finding the commitment minded is difficult. Those looking for easy lays and running it fast and loose are easy to find because they're out there..... well, putting themselves out there. Those more commitment minded aren't interested in that scene and so are inherently less easy to find.

It could be that the white man represents all sorts of things for an Asian guy. We should ask them what they think and why this is so 'attractive'. I daresay television and the media have a lot to answer for in that respect. So much culture is derived from American series and films, or European productions... (?)
If you go to an Asian country, you are probably just as likely to find the same 'gay' proportion of people out there, but their cultures hardly recognise their right to an open existence. No wonder that they remain discreet about it. Maybe they too yearn for the confidence that white gays seem to have achieved?

There are a lot of Asian gay men in the SF Bay Area and Silicon Valley but not sure if they would "flock to you"...

I suppose you would have a better chance of meeting a gay Asian man someplace where there is a bigger population.... the odds are better....

There is a decent sized chunk of Asian guys who are highly attracted to white guys because the guy is "white".

White carries with it a lot of various meanings to various other races. Some of which is true, I guess, but predominately its all lies. Koreans and Vietnamese (as one example) have on take on what 'American' means since those two wars left a decided impression on their culture. Japan has a different take largely due to WWII and the resulting Americanization of Japan through the occupation and the following re-industrialization period of Japan.

Not too long ago there was the 1950's fad in Japan, a lot of people started following the stereotypes of 1950's America and developed a decidedly lopsided and very out of dated understanding of America and Americans.

It is all just another form of stereotype about a people based on grains of truth which do not apply to all people in that group.

Lots of sites delve into the issue: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Gay...king+White

You can look at sites like Craigslist and find a lot of GAM iso GWM (Gay Asian Male in search of Gay White Male), which may lead to to believe that most gay Asian males are potato farmers, or cracker eaters, or what ever the derogatory term is. However this isn't the case when you consider the large population of people from Asia who have immigrated to the US.

The problem with anyone being stuck on just one race, or exclusively enamored of just one race is that they have false impressions about what a individual of that race is going to be like based largely on stereotypes.

If this subject is something this important to you, I would suggest you sit down and right up a list of what attributes you THINK an Asian fellow brings to a relationship that no other race can.

If your focus is slant of eye, color of skin, typical physical features, then this may not be 'a problem'. But if you have this notion that all GAM's re bottoms, or servile/submissive and highly technologically gifted math majors, you are in for a shock.

And I would strongly suggest you get a better grasp of the many cultures that come from Asia. Chinese is not Japanese which is not Taiwanese, which is not Vietnamese, which is not Korean which is not.... etc. And there is no such thing as just one type of Chinese, or one type of Japanese (again etc.) there are regional variation depending on where in China or Japan or where ever a person hails from.

While second, third, etc Generation Americans whose family hails from an Asian country may not be that perturbed by being called Korean when they are Vietnamese, you may find that their parent's ain't that forgiving.

To put it in European perspective, a Scotsman gets a bit offended if you call him Welsh - while both are technically from the same tiny island, they have diverse opinions about many aspects of UK heritage and history. Or comparing a Swed with a Dutch person is likely to end you buried in a tulip field:tongue:.

You may do better to just steer clear of lumping all people who hail from Asia as 'Asian' in your mind and start getting a grasp of the regional, national and cultural differences.

And I fear that the reverse holds true. There are myths about white people, and myths about Americans which just does not hold water against the majority of the population of whites. So a lot of Asian guys are seeking this racial ideal that simply just does not exist.

i don't mind Asians at all. i don't know that it's a rarity though. maybe in US it is, maybe some cultural thing, i have no idea. it's of a less conflicting nature in the EU.

my primary default preference is still white men. they're fucking beautiful. i know them, we share common ground and the same cultural background, we think alike, we're approximates of each other. and i like that. i like men with whom i have that common ground, and i like that we have the exact same sort of underlying background. we're the offspring of the people who lived pretty much in the same conditions. we get each other. to me, that already establishes an important connection between us.

but i also think Asian men are beautiful. i haven't actually met any Asian men, i have no Asian friends or anything like that, but i do find them appealing. to cite an example, i think Hiroyuki Sanada is fucking hot and insanely attractive (he played in The Last Samurai), and he's Japanese. i'd do him in a heartbeat. there are other examples but i'm not that up to date with the Asian names. additionally, i admire the Chinese and Japanese history (in China's case up to their communist beginnings and makeover in the 20th century, which i don't find appealing) and culture.

i would like to get to know an Asian guy, and i would not rule out a relationship, definitely not based on his being Asian. i don't know anybody who has explicitly stated they don't like Asians, thus i am thinking it's some regional US thing where there are more Asians living in certain areas. maybe that's where such contrasts manifest. in Europe we don't have such more dedicated areas where it's possible to find more Asians living there than in some other parts, it's more spread out and diluted here. and, of course, the EU has less of a conflicted history with the Asians than the US, too. thus, i do think it's partly an interpolation that becomes significant only inside a certain context.

i am not completely free of the racial block though. i don't ever see myself feeling attracted to a black guy. they leave me cold, physical attraction-wise. latinos are kind of a turn-off for me as well.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:There is a decent sized chunk of Asian guys who are highly attracted to white guys because the guy is "white".

White carries with it a lot of various meanings to various other races. Some of which is true, I guess, but predominately its all lies. Koreans and Vietnamese (as one example) have on take on what 'American' means since those two wars left a decided impression on their culture. Japan has a different take largely due to WWII and the resulting Americanization of Japan through the occupation and the following re-industrialization period of Japan.

Not too long ago there was the 1950's fad in Japan, a lot of people started following the stereotypes of 1950's America and developed a decidedly lopsided and very out of dated understanding of America and Americans.

It is all just another form of stereotype about a people based on grains of truth which do not apply to all people in that group.

Lots of sites delve into the issue: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Gay...king+White

You can look at sites like Craigslist and find a lot of GAM iso GWM (Gay Asian Male in search of Gay White Male), which may lead to to believe that most gay Asian males are potato farmers, or cracker eaters, or what ever the derogatory term is. However this isn't the case when you consider the large population of people from Asia who have immigrated to the US.

The problem with anyone being stuck on just one race, or exclusively enamored of just one race is that they have false impressions about what a individual of that race is going to be like based largely on stereotypes.

If this subject is something this important to you, I would suggest you sit down and right up a list of what attributes you THINK an Asian fellow brings to a relationship that no other race can.

If your focus is slant of eye, color of skin, typical physical features, then this may not be 'a problem'. But if you have this notion that all GAM's re bottoms, or servile/submissive and highly technologically gifted math majors, you are in for a shock.

And I would strongly suggest you get a better grasp of the many cultures that come from Asia. Chinese is not Japanese which is not Taiwanese, which is not Vietnamese, which is not Korean which is not.... etc. And there is no such thing as just one type of Chinese, or one type of Japanese (again etc.) there are regional variation depending on where in China or Japan or where ever a person hails from.

While second, third, etc Generation Americans whose family hails from an Asian country may not be that perturbed by being called Korean when they are Vietnamese, you may find that their parent's ain't that forgiving.

To put it in European perspective, a Scotsman gets a bit offended if you call him Welsh - while both are technically from the same tiny island, they have diverse opinions about many aspects of UK heritage and history. Or comparing a Swed with a Dutch person is likely to end you buried in a tulip field:tongue:.

You may do better to just steer clear of lumping all people who hail from Asia as 'Asian' in your mind and start getting a grasp of the regional, national and cultural differences.

And I fear that the reverse holds true. There are myths about white people, and myths about Americans which just does not hold water against the majority of the population of whites. So a lot of Asian guys are seeking this racial ideal that simply just does not exist.

Semi-related, I visited the Morikami Museum & Gardens in Boca Raton, FL and -- besides the grounds being breathtakingly beautiful -- they had a display of clothing fads among Japanese young people. Their interpretations of rockabilly and harajuku, the fashion of dressing like a little kid's doll, were particularly interesting to me. I wondered how that flies in the workplace, or if these are particularly students, or if they do it every day or only sometimes for fun.

Back on topic, I personally find my head turning mainly for caucasoid guys, maybe because grew up mainly around them. But there are stunningly beautiful guys of every ethnicity. I also am not a big fan of a lot of body hair, and thus naturally smoother guys (assuming it gets that far) appeal to me more, while we're being subjective. But I try to remind myself we're talking about a person, not a pedigreed dog or a new car. There are things that matter a lot more in the long run.