Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just how stupid can I be?
OK, it was 1.30am when I arrived at Prague airport and I was tired and a little disoriented. My friend and I were trying to find some place where we could get some coins so we could call a taxi, all without success. It was then that I saw that one could use a credit card. Brilliant I thought and I put my credit card in to the slot and then wondered where the telephone was. It was then that my friend pointed out to me that I was actually using a machine to pay for parking!!!

Prague seems beautiful from the little we have seen this morning but it deserves much more exploration that I hope we can do tomorrow when we are both rested. In the mean time, here's a photo taken from the bedroom of the President Hotel, an ex-communist era hotel that has been tarted up not 100% successfully. The staff are very nice and helpful but the decor of the hotel, to my mind, is somewhat lumpen, like a mix of stuff from the 70s and 80s.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

OMG, the pic, are you sure you didn't just took a pic of my wonerland? <333

No, just an ordinary shot. I'll post more when I have them.

It's a very nice city but not flawless. It's easy for us to live here, but tourists seem to be an easy target. I hoped that after all the phone calls I had made, everything would be smooth, but apparently it was not Sad

Nick9 Wrote:... It's easy for us to live here, but tourists seem to be an easy target ...
consider dressing to blend in while in the Prague.

So you now have free parking for your entire stay in prague i imagine ",) the pic is nice, look forward to seeing more.

God partisan I hope not! One trip by a taxi was enough to make me ashamed.

[/FONT]
pellaz Wrote:consider dressing to blend in while in the Prague.

I think that my mode of dress is quite normal and I don't stand out as a tourist although maybe carrying a camera is a bit of a givaway. Anyway, I didn't get mugged or robbed today.

Ahhhh Prague, you vixen, I remember you well. I went there years ago when I was stationed in Germany, went with two other soldiers, we stayed in a hostel, can't remember the name. By day we saw the beauty of the city, by moght we hit the bars. We had a good time, lot's of nice people, but also people looking to prey on tourists. I would not go back by myself, but as long as I had friends with me, lovely place.
Richard

I don't know how long you will be in Prague, but for a lovely night out you might like the Francouzska Restaurant, in the Municipal House. Don't try and make the reservation yourself - have a local or the Concierge at your hotel do it for you. It's a visual, as well as a culinary treat.

If you do go it's better to dress, than go casual - when you make your reservations, ask for a booth - and dine late. It usual has live jazz or a pianist.