Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just need support
Hi I'm new here and need someone to talk to I'm 24 and came out a couple of months ago to my mom she thinks I say that I'm bisexual for attention because I didn't come out in my teen years

Hmmm I this is what happened to me in away. But my mum got over it. My mother was worried I wasn't going to have children. But once she realised that wasnt the case she was okay.

Well done for coming out though and welcome to GS.

Welcome to the forum!

I know a guy who didn't come out until he was 36. People do things in their own time.

It's probably no use arguing with your mom. Just go on and live your life and give her time to adjust to the reality.

I'm 30, soon to be 31. I'm not out yet. I'm gonna wait with announcing anything until I've tried being with a guy first.

Welcome to the forum Smile
Hope you'll find someone to chat with. I'm here, though no idea how good advice I'll give hehe.

Thanks guys

Didn't come out to my parents until this year, only came out generally in 2014...

So, tell your mom, there's no set timetable for people being comfortable with their sexuality, and comfortable telling others, especially family members about it.

I still haven't properly came out to my best friend, though his girlfriend has told me he knows, and isn't bothered by it. We still haven't talked about it. Though he looks at me like I'm ball shitting when I say I like a girl or something lol. We have more interesting things to talk about lol. Mainly car stuff lol.