Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just something
tobias Wrote:So far 2 ppl called me ugly on a dating app. I gave up and deleted it. I'll be single forever

I hate the look of myself in most photos that have been taken of me. Yet, I persist in thinking that I can't be all that ugly, since I have a few friends... and a partner (who doesn't call me "beautiful" either but who says he knows "on which side his bread is buttered"). I know my looks might be improved, to some extent, but as we get older, our bodies will change, sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better... it's all part of that aging and maturing process. Mostly I find that young men (in their twenties) tend to improve their outward image as they age a bit, even if they're young and juvenile and those qualities do impart a certain sexiness. But sometimes someone who is just too beautiful in their twenties tends to become less beautiful rapidly, owing to the process I mentioned before. This is what happens to many women, actually, whose beauty peaks tend to be earlier than in men. That's nature's way of being unfair.

Anyway, someone said (I think it was @MikeW) that looks aren't everything in a person that should make them likeable, or loveable. I would tend to agree with them. Two "beauties" don't necessarily make a great couple... and two "uglies" don't necessarily attract either. So dating apps are all about being able to give a good image (photographic) or yourself? They are clearly not for anyone who has 'middling', average looks.

That being said, there are look enhancements possible, to an extent, which could be about the way you dress, the way you accessorize (jewellery? glasses, caps ...) and the way your hair is groomed (or not). Some dental correction is possible too (at a cost). And you can improve the neatness of your skin, also to an extent, by treating your body well with the food you eat, the quantities of alcohol and smoke you (don't) ingest... You could consult a doctor on those issues, a dietician maybe, a sports coach or gym, and why not a beautician ? .... But then again, there is a cost to those things, for those of us who re not gifted with Mother Nature's endowment of physical beauty. Note that some people can have attractive bodies and yet have faces that aren't that great... It depends what you're looking at.

Lastly but not leastly, you can cultivate the beauties inside you which will be the qualities you can 'peddle' in a relationship. Kindness, maybe; caring, maybe; good conversation, maybe; etc. The list is long.
Good luck finding those inner beauties and making them thrive for a relationship. Another one of those qualities (not of our time, definitely, but....) is PATIENCE. :biggrin:
OK? Have fun.