Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just something
Did I miss the group hug with tobias in the center? We better have another one.

Iceblink Wrote:Did I miss the group hug with tobias in the center? We better have another one.

Bighug Bighug Bighug Bighug

So far 2 ppl called me ugly on a dating app. I gave up and deleted it. I'll be single forever

tobias Wrote:So far 2 ppl called me ugly on a dating app. I gave up and deleted it. I'll be single forever

What? ...you've only met two assholes on dating sites??!?!!? Shit, a lot of us are in the double digits...

You are neither ugly nor doomed to eternal solitude...the kind of guy who'd say that has more issues than you'd ever want to deal with...a guy who has to prop up his own faltering ego by putting you down isn't worth a single glance.

If it happens again, instead of assuming that you're a troll, realize that the guy's a loser and move on...comments like that are NOT about you, they're about the guy who makes them...

Don't let anybody to turn you down, love yourself, this world is full of special Ppl, be patience, everything is temporary

tobias Wrote:im not really looking for advice but I am going through a rough time in life.
Maybe some comforting words would help.

Okay, here are some comforting words you can keep for later.

"The $34,000 overdraft in your account was our error, not yours."

"Your DNA did not match the semen on any of the body parts we found."

"Don't worry. We have a urologist who's an expert at reattaching penises."

"The results on your tests are back. It's not malignant."

tobias Wrote:So far 2 ppl called me ugly on a dating app. I gave up and deleted it. I'll be single forever

consider yourself lucky that those 2 people are not a part of your life! their opinions are not facts.

besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...don't give up! try and try again

Yeah, well, no, it doesn't work that way. Your fate is in your hands, not theirs or anyone else's.

"Ugly" is a very strong, opinionated and judgmental word, usually meant to be offensive. Like "beauty" it is in the eye of the beholder, meaning, as [MENTION=22470]Pyromancer[/MENTION] said, their saying that says more about them than you. Did they actually call you "ugly" or did they just indicate they wren't interested? Did you contact them first? If so, how did you go about that? How many others have you had an exchange with besides those two?

If you're having self-image issues related to your appearance, then that's something to be discussed. Appearance can be modified to some extent. There are limits due to genetics but there are also lots of ways to enhance our sex appeal -- if sex appeal is what we're after. "Dating apps" are really mostly about hook-ups, not dating, anyway. Most guys who use them are just looking for a quick fuck. So, if you don't fit whatever sexual fantasy gets them off, then they're not going to be favorably responsive. All of which says absolutely nothing about YOU and your datability, let alone your finding a relationship at some point in your life if that's what you want.

Rough times are a part of life and many times what I've learned about these times in my life is that once I overcame them...I tend to be more stronger and wiser individual from the lesson I've learned. I do believe in God to the fullest and from all I've been through in my life already...as I look back on those times and come to realization to where I am standing now in my life...I know that God is alive and I know he exist...but that's my opinion. What I'm trying to say is that I do feel that God have us all go through these times in our lives in order for us to lean on him more as well as letting us know that he still exist and he is in control. I also feel that these "storms of life" are created for us to become a better individual from enduring them. Like I told someone recently...there is no one on Earth that has not gone through something because this is a part of life as a whole and for the lesson. You will be fine and once this is over ...you will look back in awe and proud that you stood firm and overcame. God Bless...

John your words needed virgilizing so maybe they'll sink in ........

JohnSomebody Wrote:Rough times are a part of life and many times what I've learned about these times in my life is that once I overcame them...I tend to be more stronger and wiser individual from the lesson I've learned. I do believe in God to the fullest and from all I've been through in my life already...as I look back on those times and come to realization to where I am standing now in my life...I know that God is alive and I know he exist...but that's my opinion. What I'm trying to say is that I do feel that God have us all go through these times in our lives in order for us to lean on him more as well as letting us know that he still exist and he is in control. I also feel that these "storms of life" are created for us to become a better individual from enduring them. Like I told someone recently...there is no one on Earth that has not gone through something because this is a part of life as a whole and for the lesson. You will be fine and once this is over ...you will look back in awe and proud that you stood firm and overcame. God Bless...

"we are what we live to conquer and overcome... not what beats us down and discourages us"