Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just the new boy sain HALLO
albabonzai Wrote:Welcome, even tho your from England i will still say hi and be a friend :p lol xxxxx

haha, Am guessing this has something to do with the footie?
Am not the biggest football fan in the world. F1 moor my thing. But probes well be watching the world cup...
But thanks for the welcome Tongue

Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me. This place seems totally cool :biggrin:

ben Wrote:I think I feel a bit weird really dealing with all this now. Guss I think of it as something that I should had dealt with as a teen. Think maybe I had other stuff to be thinking about tell now. All that would be to long a story to tell tho.

Think I am right now prob just feeling alone.
All my mates seem to have moved on got marred had kids act. Why am still alone.
There's no shame in any of that. These are the first days of the rest of your life etc Wink Sorry you are feeling lonely. Do you have a friend who would be brave enough to accompany you to a gay pub, or venue where you feel reasonably comfortable, so that you can make contact with other guys in a social environment? It might take a few visits, but it makes a difference to know you are not alone.

marshlander Wrote:There's no shame in any of that. These are the first days of the rest of your life etc Wink Sorry you are feeling lonely. Do you have a friend who would be brave enough to accompany you to a gay pub, or venue where you feel reasonably comfortable, so that you can make contact with other guys in a social environment? It might take a few visits, but it makes a difference to know you are not alone.

There is only my X that knows. She would probably had been up for it but as I say she got a BF now so I don't see anything of her.

I do have some mates still go out and even clubbing. I don't for one minute think they would give a night up in there club of choice to spend a night in the kinder place I would like to go. I do think that most of them would be cool about me being gay. I just don't think any of them would be that up for going anywhere like that with me.

I do need to do something tho. Cos being alone sucks.

Okay, well how about looking at this site then? I notice that there are gay organisations looking for volunteers and many groups for particular activities. Volunteering is a great way to meet people. If you're not into football, I think the Weekenders walking group looks like fun. I can't imagine you would not find someone to talk to while you are tramping the countryside. You may want to give the Lesbians Into Real Ale a miss, but who knows?! Wink

http://www.gaynottingham.com/groups.html

ben Wrote:I have now just in the last few weeks joined a dating site.
Just its not easy. I am to shy to put a face pick up and all every guy there seems to wont is just sex. Am looking for moor then that.

Hi & Welcome to GS,

Don't feel bad about admitting your feelings to yourself a little later in life. A lot of us did too.

As for dating sites, I found that the 'straight' dating sites that allowed you to enter that you were a man looking for a man had a much better selection of guys who were looking for relationships. That's how I met my bf.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

marshlander Wrote:Okay, well how about looking at this site then? I notice that there are gay organisations looking for volunteers and many groups for particular activities. Volunteering is a great way to meet people. If you're not into football, I think the Weekenders walking group looks like fun. I can't imagine you would not find someone to talk to while you are tramping the countryside. You may want to give the Lesbians Into Real Ale a miss, but who knows?! Wink

Ye I come across that site all ready Smile
Think maybe I should read a bit moor then I did be for tho.
I manly was looking where the gay bars where in Notts and that site tells you.
Thought the New Foresters looked OK for a visit. Just would like to go with someone else's that's all.
And lol @ Lesbians. Actually I have some new neighbors where I live and they are lesbians.
They seem friendly enough even tho I had to complain to them at 4 in the morning about the noise XD. Maybe I should ask them to go with me Tongue

fredv3b Wrote:Hi & Welcome to GS,

Don't feel bad about admitting your feelings to yourself a little later in life. A lot of us did too.

As for dating sites, I found that the 'straight' dating sites that allowed you to enter that you were a man looking for a man had a much better selection of guys who were looking for relationships. That's how I met my bf.

Oh I bear that in mind thanks.

Thanks for the welcome as well Smile

Hey Ben!
Big warm Welcome
Glad you managed to make it on in the end! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

ben Wrote:Oh I bear that in mind thanks.

I have to concur that general dating sites seem to be better if you are looking for a relationship than gay only sites. The quality of people I spoke to on parship (or gay-parship - which is their same-sex brand) was much higher than on gaydar or fitlads.

However, ultimately, I met my boyfriend through a friend. Confusedmile:

Andy Wrote:Hey Ben!
Big warm Welcome
Glad you managed to make it on in the end! Wink

Thanks Andy Smile