Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just venting . . .
So, one of my previous sexual partners (who had been an on again off again type of Friends w/ Benefits) lives not far from me. When we first began meeting up, it was on a weekly basis, sometimes more frequently. We both enjoyed ourselves, both of us indulging in foreplay, doing the deed, both of us coming to orgasm, and then usually cuddling as well. At one point, he had gone on a trip, and then it took awhile after he got back for us to meet up again. Then things repeated itself a little on our frequency of meeting. After a few times, meeting up became sparse and big pauses in between.

Recently, we met up maybe about a month or two ago, but nothing since. However, from what I gather (via his Facebook page, and yes I look at it once in awhile due to curiousity) he has a boyfriend. It's frustrating that we've enjoyed ourselves but now we don't speak because of that possible reason. If he was straight forward about it, I would have understood.

So you are upset that your fuck buddy has moved on and is in a relationship?

It sounds like you developed feelings for someone you weren't supposed to.

Friends with benefits implies that there would be no relationship, its not rare for the friendship part to break when the benefits part does.

Its possible that he thinks that talking to you further would be awkward considering he now has a partner. His partner is likely to know nothing about what went on between the two of you and maybe the guy doesn't want his partner to know, thus the lack of communication from him.

I wouldn't take any more effort to contact this guy, concentrate on yourself and move on, people aren't always going to be straight forward about things like this.

Darius Wrote:It sounds like you developed feelings for someone you weren't supposed to.

maybe. I'm not sure if it's true feelings or the physical intimacy was just right.

kindy64 Wrote:So you are upset that your fuck buddy has moved on and is in a relationship?

To a degree. Just feels awkward that it was an on again off again thing,

guess if you guys were that intimate...

I've had fuckbuddies before who have become friends... sometimes that works, depending on the chemistry

if you still have feelings for him, well, that might be undomfortable and the best thing would be to move on.

on the other hand, there might, just might, be a possibility to forge a friendship out of it. it could be awkward, as you said.

if you didn't still have feelings, well, maybe it should best be left for ya'll to go your seperate ways.

I dated a guy for about a year and a half, the sex was electric but once that fell off we discovered we were diametrically opposed in our entire approach to life and we didn't stay friends. On the other hand, I just had a 2-1/2 hour talk with a friend who lives in Michigan 600 miles away and we to this day have very jolly conversations, and we both usually learn something from each other. We went to bed over 15 years ago. We're both single but both friends.

If something doesn't feel right in your instinct, I would listen to that. If you think you might be friends who care about having someone to care about you on a friendship level, that might happen too.

Just saying, don't lose a good friend, but if he is part of a couple, it might not be the best idea. you can decide if it's cool or not. don't throw a possible friendship out.

it always amazes me that many of us gay men sleep with each other first, then we get to know each other. having been down that road, if I cut it off, I would have lost some great friendships. :-)

you're the best judge.

This is why I don't believe in having a fuck buddy or anything like that. I have had plenty of of offers over the years but I ain't that kind of guy. I just think of guys who are like that as total man w****s.