Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just want to say hi
Hello everyone, I'm Gabriel from Taiwan. I just came across this site and want to give it a try. It seems like a nice community. Hope I can make some friends here Smile

I'm not good at writing paragraphs, so I'm just gonna list some facts about me.
-I was in US being an exchange student till last August and finally got a degree in Education. Now I'm on my way to get the teaching certificate, but I have to pass the board test first (fingers crossed)
-I want to be a mandarin teacher
-I love Carrie Underwood
-I watch tons of movies and Tv shows
-I really don't like seafood and yet I live in an island that is surrounded with ocean. So there's seafood in every meal
-I don't have any gay friends in Taiwan which is kind of sucks
-I'm rather shy and consider myself an introvert, so to post something here, for me, is a big leap

Well, that's all I can think of for now. If you want to know more, feel free to ask!

Hey! I've always liked the name Gabriel Smile
Did you do your whole degree in the US or only a year? It's one of my biggest dreams to go on an exchange to the US too Smile

I've been trying to get there for years haha, I filled in another application a few weeks ago so I'm keeping my fingers crossed once again Wink
Where did you go??

Thank you.
Me too. It was like dream came true. Sadly I was there only for a year. Then I have to come back to my own country and fulfill my duties. It was a wonderful and eye-opening experience though. I'm glad that I chose to go. You should consider it Wink

Well, hello Gabriel, welcome to the forum! Just want to let you know that I always have good sympathy about Taiwan and Taiwanese since I have been living in a town with a lot of Taiwanese for almost 10 years and I love their cultures a lot!
Nice to meet you!
Smile

HopefulRefrain Wrote:Well, hello Gabriel, welcome to the forum! Just want to let you know that I always have good sympathy about Taiwan and Taiwanese since I have been living in a town with a lot of Taiwanese for almost 10 years and I love their cultures a lot!
Nice to meet you!
Smile
Thanks for saying that. It means a lot. And nice to meet you too Smile

Cinestry Wrote:I've been trying to get there for years haha, I filled in another application a few weeks ago so I'm keeping my fingers crossed once again Wink
Where did you go??
Oh my, I'm still trying to figure out all these buttons here.
That's great. Good luck to you.
Well, I went to a very small university in Oklahoma. Lots of people were surprised that I chose there, but my options are limited. It was very different from what I imagined, but it was worth it.

Welcome to the forum [MENTION=22408]gabriel5116[/MENTION] , I hope posting here can help you overcome some of your shyness. Being an introvert *and* being gay can be very difficult. (I wonder how much they have to do with one another?)

Anyway, remember that until you have 50 posts, you're apt to run into some snags in the forum -- like moderated posting and such like. Don't take it personal. It's just the system's natural defenses against trolls. So, go to some of the word game sub-forums and post away to build up you post count or just feel free to chime in on any subject that interests you.

Wavey

That's a great intro!! Welcome to GS buddy Wavey

Welcome, Gabriel, good to have you here and hope to get to know you better.

Did you get acquainted with any gay American boys here?